Tv remote can control my Xbox

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I can boot up YouTube TV or Prime on my Xbox and then control it with my TV remote (LG C1).

What is this sorcery? How does that work? All I got from Google is "Xbox allows it".

Have you noticed that your PlayStation 5 sometimes turns on automatically, or that your TV switches the input to your PS5 without you asking? This is thanks to a feature built into modern TVs and devices that lets them communicate over HDMI: HDMI-CEC.
Probably does the same with Xbox

Bill Gates is probably watching you as we speak

My Apple TV remote controls my Sony TV volume and only sometimes turning on Apple TV also turns TV on and switches to that HDMI input. No idea why sometimes it doesn't.

After an Apple TV OS update, it would turn on as soon as I plug it in. I used to have to press remote to turn it on.

Bill Gates is probably watching you as we speak
Some rascal factory worker could very well have installed a hidden video camera inside your DVR with a setup to save and send back videos of you doing inappropriate things to yourself.

I always watch you tube on my xbox but I get too frustrated with a commercial every 2 minutes in a 10 minute video that turns into watching for over 30 minutes to get to the end. Plus sometimes I hear random voices come through when I am just browsing. Sounds weird but it happens a lot. And no I'm not drunk or stoned when it happens.

I always watch you tube on my xbox but I get too frustrated with a commercial every 2 minutes in a 10 minute video that turns into watching for over 30 minutes to get to the end. Plus sometimes I hear random voices come through when I am just browsing. Sounds weird but it happens a lot. And no I'm not drunk or stoned when it happens.
Next time say hi to Google

It's probably an eARC hdmi port you have the console plugged into.

It's probably an eARC hdmi port you have the console plugged into.

eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) is an audio thing. A very simple explanation is it allows audio to be passed from a device, like a Xbox, through your tv (or other device) to you audio system.
HDMI CeC (consumer electronic control) is what allows the feature OP explained.

it turns my cable box on too if its in power save mode. I lost one of the remotes and a replacement was only like 30 bucks and paired with the TV right out of the box. There are so many things to like about this TV. I love 120hz 4k gaming. Took mine offline and its even better now without the fucking popups. I just wish it had Picture in Picture, cant understand why this doesnt exist anymore.

Back