• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turkey shots down Russian Su-24 fighter jet over Syria

One of them did. Shot by Turkmen rebels. So did one of the Russian troops in the rescue operation (helicopter shot down by the same Turkmen).

No shit.

Jesus Christ.

Kick them out of NATO. Nuclear powers cannot go to war over this. I mean, I don't wanna die over Turkey acting like lunatics. Wtf are they thinking

Thank fucking god the fighter pilot didn't die.

Turkey seems to be going off the deep end here. Risking nuclear war. Jesus.

why the fuck we'd wanna go to nuclear war because of fucking turkey...is beyond me.

im pretty sure if all of had a vote here to settle this dispute overwhelming agree to ban turkey from the nato US alliance

why the fuck we'd wanna go to nuclear war because of fucking turkey...is beyond me.

Yes I agree. The problem is if NATO abandons them the entire alliance might unravel. Which could mean Germany building nuclear weapons.

Yes I agree. The problem is if NATO abandons them the entire alliance might unravel. Which could mean Germany building nuclear weapons.

There's no chance of NATO abandoning Turkey to attacks by Russia. Not after they've stated so strongly that they would defend them (in response to the Ukraine situation), and with the US currently helping enforce their airspace.
I'd say no chance of Nuclear war over Syria/Turkey either, even Putin would back down before losing everything.
It does mean that Syria is even more of a screw up though. The only real chance of an end to the civil war is with pressure from both NATO and Russia.

There's no chance of NATO abandoning Turkey to attacks by Russia. Not after they've stated so strongly that they would defend them (in response to the Ukraine situation), and with the US currently helping enforce their airspace.
I'd say no chance of Nuclear war over Syria/Turkey either, even Putin would back down before losing everything.
It does mean that Syria is even more of a screw up though. The only real chance of an end to the civil war is with pressure from both NATO and Russia.

They can't agree on who should be in charge in Syria and until there's an agreement on that I don't think there's going to be agreement among the major powers in the region on what to do. But just "letting it play out" is such an incredibly dangerous game.

Putin is fighting for his only port in the Mediterranean, NATO is trying to see the Russians lose that port, and the Syrians/Rebels/Isis are all playing their own game.

The west should simply agree that Russia gets to keep their port in exchange for ousting Assad, who will get immunity from prosecution if he steps down peacefully, then you go in full force and create a Sunni state.

I wonder how this will afect the gas deal Russia has a lot more to lose if this escalates. Putin will not go berserk on the Turks he is not a moron and this is not like the movies where Russia is the big bad bear that will genocide anyone who gets in their way.

The west should simply agree that Russia gets to keep their port in exchange for ousting Assad, who will get immunity from prosecution if he steps down peacefully, then you go in full force and create a Sunni state.

Can't see it happening.
For a start I can't see Rojava giving up it's effective independence and submitting to a Sunni Arab majority.
Without Rojava I'm not sure Syria is even a viable state.
Given what's happened, I doubt Aleppo, Damascus and Homs could even survive as some sort of loose coalition of ethnic enclaves, and there's no way NATO stands by and watches a Sunni Arab ethnic cleansing.
That's why ISIS is a target in the first place.

Can't see it happening.
For a start I can't see Rojava giving up it's effective independence and submitting to a Sunni Arab majority.
Without Rojava I'm not sure Syria is even a viable state.
Given what's happened, I doubt Aleppo, Damascus and Homs could even survive as some sort of loose coalition of ethnic enclaves, and there's no way NATO stands by and watches a Sunni Arab ethnic cleansing.
That's why ISIS is a target in the first place.

I guess we'll have to watch it play out then. Scary times.

Turk army passing through an ISIS checkpoint in Jarabulus on their way into Rojava ,where they supposedly destroyed a church.

every time the Kurds try to make a move on jarabulus ,the Turk army attacks..
Turkey and the terrorists are on the same team.

itsa little more credible than RT though no?
again what about the other questions above?

Not really.

Both are a weapon of influence. That list would be chock full of Turkish, Saudi and Qatari entities if it was independently compiled.

Also, Martin Chulov is a British journalist.

I am seeing some reports circulating on the interwebs about a Turkish Convoy delivering Aid to the refugees that is allegedly bomb by the Russians.

Are there any other credible sources about this?
https://grasswire.com/story/822/Turkish-Trucks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/25/us-mideast-crisis-syria-trucks-idUSKBN0TE22Q20151125

http://www.todayszaman.com/diplomac...hit-aid-convoy-near-turkey-border_405297.html

http://www.dailysabah.com/syrian-cr...-in-northwestern-syrian-town-of-azaz-7-killed

Not really any more info than your source though.

Erdogan quote from 2012

"Even if the plane was in their (#Syria) airspace for a few seconds, that is no reason to attack - #Erdogan 2012

lol

Back