• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Turkey Election: Erdogan says he will concede if he loses. Says US is interfering with election

I think you're a good guy too but you're way off here. Russian interference was just memes? What about the leaks of Hillary's campaign manager and the DNC? You don't believe Russia was behind that? You don't think Manafort giving Russian agents Cambridge Analitica data made it a lot easier for them to pinpoint their Facebook propaganda?
I think you're blowing shit way out of proportion with any effect Facebook "propoganda" had. Trump was the only outsider vote available because they fucked Bernie. and because of that I don't really want to hear shit about Hillary and fixed elections unless we are talking about primaries.

Lol, so the Russia-sponsored militants and mercenaries are just “people in the east”? Lol. And the whole NATO excuse is paper-thin nonsense.

I feel bad for you having to say this nonsense and pretend like you actually believe it, even if you are just a Russian comfort man at this point.

the only nonsense here is your msm talking points

so it wasn't nato expending near russias border, its russia expanding its territory near nato

i see...

funny thing is you that dumb to actually believe that.

also zelensky and his thugs were constantly violating agreement they signed and bombing civilians. i get you were brainwashed into thinking civilians are "mercenaries" but thats not reality. thats just more nonsense fed to you by msm and you eat it up like a true idiot that you are

congrats!

Erdogan is like the shit inverse version of Ataturk.

Erdogan is like the shit inverse version of Ataturk.
Ataturk himself was an authoritarian leader who doomed Turkey to rule by deep state and if anything Erdogan has become more and more like Ataturk in the latter part of his reign.

Ataturk himself was an authoritarian leader who doomed Turkey to rule by deep state and if anything Erdogan has become more and more like Ataturk in the latter part of his reign.
Erdogan is an Islamist while Ataturk was secular no? That's what I've gathered from Erdogan's critics that he is taking Turkey back to it's more Islamic roots.

Erdogan is an Islamist while Ataturk was secular no? That's what I've gathered from Erdogan's critics that he is taking Turkey back to it's more Islamic roots.
That's the very simplified version which isn't wrong but ignores a lot of important details. Ataturk believed in secularism along the French lines which means being anticlerical rather than the US approach which is more neutral towards religion. He also believed in ethnonationalism(hence oppression of Kurds and denial of Armenian genocide) as well as statism(dominance of state owned enterprises within economy) and the supremacy of the military over civilian government(hence the history of coups). Erdogan's reforms initially were very good in that he opened up space for Kurds in regards to language rights, loosened restrictions on religious expression(e.g allowing hjiab in universities), liberalized the economy which led to a decade of solid growth, and established civilian control over the military(hence the failed coup of 2016). All those things are good actually but that was mostly in his first decade or so in power.

If you ask me the worst aspect of Erdogan's supposed Islamism is the stubborn commitment to zero interest which is fueling hyperinflation in the country because interest is haram. The authoritarian stuff is pretty much in line with the tradition of Turkish politics established by Ataturk and his successors and indeed Erdogan has leaned more on Turkish nationalism in the 2nd half of his reign. The problems really start with the Arab Spring. Initially it looked like the region might democratize and we might see a wave of Islamists winning elections in which case the Islamist image would've helped establish Turkey as a leader of the region. That didn't happen and instead Turkey faced a refugee crisis and rising Kurdish militancy so Erdogan had to change direction.

QueenBanned??? What happened?

RIP. Always thought he was a conservative, or apolitical, and just trolling lol
He literally was just a troll. I remember the day he started his schtick. He used to have a different name I think and changed it to QueenB after the Meryl Streep “not the mixed martial arts” speech and start trolling the heavies about that. He had also changed his avatar to her giving the speech. I don’t know if he was actually conservative or not but I have seen other people say he posted conservative before he changed his persona.

I’ve tried pointing it out a bunch of times but people still got easily triggered by his posts. He was definitely dedicated because it’s been like 4 years since he started doing it.

the only nonsense here is your msm talking points

so it wasn't nato expending near russias border, its russia expanding its territory near nato
Lol, yeah, you imbecile. It’s the country that consistently violates treaties and drives its neighbors t seek closer relations with EU and NATO.

All of this whining and complaining is because Russia is losing strength because they overextended and now are trapped in a losing conflict.

i see...

funny thing is you that dumb to actually believe that.

also zelensky and his thugs were constantly violating agreement they signed and bombing civilians. i get you were brainwashed into thinking civilians are "mercenaries" but thats not reality. thats just more nonsense fed to you by msm and you eat it up like a true idiot that you are
Literally the dumbest thing I’ve read all day. Only a total fucking idiot would think that Russian-funded separatists are some sort of freedom fighters. Did Zelenskyy also force the Russians to shoot down a civilian airliner?

There is no amount of Russian ball-smooching that you can do that will make them seem like the victims in a war that they clearly started.

The main difference is that the left loves Ataturk because post-9/11 Turk’s were the poster boy of secular, tolerant (but not tolerant to the religious) Muslims living in a democracy.

Every shitty libcuck talked about how great their trip to Turkey was and how all their Muslim friends drink every weekend.

Care to elaborate a little? I don't know enough about the differences between them to tell if this is sarcasm or not
Yea It's sarcasm. This is horrible news and keeps the tensions with neighboring states, like Greece, high. It wasn't necessarily under Erdogan that Greece and Turkey had routine, mock aerial and naval skirmishes but they are certainly more frequent. Also, with the eastern Mediterranean dispute along with insane territorial claims like in the picture below, those skirmishes are starting to get a little more worrisome with Erdogan at the helm.
rsz_1rsz_1screenshot_2022-07-11_at_104646.png

Yea It's sarcasm. This is horrible news and keeps the tensions with neighboring states, like Greece, high. It wasn't necessarily under Erdogan that Greece and Turkey had routine, mock aerial and naval skirmishes but they are certainly more frequent. Also, with the eastern Mediterranean dispute along with insane territorial claims like in the picture below, those skirmishes are starting to get a little more worrisome with Erdogan at the helm.
rsz_1rsz_1screenshot_2022-07-11_at_104646.png

I wonder how nato would handle it if you two actually did start a real fight. Do you think they'd side with turkey as they're the bigger and hold the bosphorus?

Lol, so the Russia-sponsored militants and mercenaries are just “people in the east”? Lol. And the whole NATO excuse is paper-thin nonsense.

I feel bad for you having to say this nonsense and pretend like you actually believe it, even if you are just a Russian comfort man at this point.
Anything other than Russian submission is being a western puppet.

I wonder how nato would handle it if you two actually did start a real fight. Do you think they'd side with turkey as they're the bigger and hold the bosphorus?

I think Turkey is more strategic, geopolitically speaking but they are also terrible allies and diplomatically isolated otherwise. Europe and America have sided with Greece in most recent memory, especially France.

Back