• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF Tryout Video

They did make it seem really awkward with the editing. In my defense I was just told my hopes and dreams were crumbling to the ground, I was a little out of it. After he told us we were going home I didn't know they had a van waiting outside for us. Usually a producer points you in the right direction for things like that. Also, I had a few bags of things I brought with me to the gym, but one of the camera men was standing on it. I figured after the scene was done I'd grab it and get out of there, but no they wanted us to disappear ASAP.

Since the show I've just been training and growing my school. Six months of not fighting will be over at the end of November and hopefully I can get some fights before the end of the year. I haven't given up on my UFC dream and see this as a temporary setback and if by some chance someone from Zuffa is reaading this - I am more than willing to fight ANYONE on the finale.

They did make it seem really awkward with the editing. In my defense I was just told my hopes and dreams were crumbling to the ground, I was a little out of it. After he told us we were going home I didn't know they had a van waiting outside for us. Usually a producer points you in the right direction for things like that. Also, I had a few bags of things I brought with me to the gym, but one of the camera men was standing on it. I figured after the scene was done I'd grab it and get out of there, but no they wanted us to disappear ASAP.

Since the show I've just been training and growing my school. Six months of not fighting will be over at the end of November and hopefully I can get some fights before the end of the year. I haven't given up on my UFC dream and see this as a temporary setback and if by some chance someone from Zuffa is reaading this - I am more than willing to fight ANYONE on the finale.

Is there any way you can contact someone? You'd think at least an undercard fight or something! Not only did you get on the show, but you were taken out by an illegal knee + the NSAC :|

"At least an undercard fight"...?

What? Clearly, he's favored here but what does the UFC have to go on that he is unquestionably deserving of being on a card? That makes no sense at all.

"At least an undercard fight"...?

What? Clearly, he's favored here but what does the UFC have to go on that he is unquestionably deserving of being on a card? That makes no sense at all.

I wouldn't say unquestionably. It just sucks to see a medical suspension ruin things for someone who not only won his fight but got the injury from an illegal strike.

I think it's the winning + injury coming from an illegal strike that bugs me.

It's no longer the ultimate fighter....it's the alternate fighter.

My opponent Brandon Garner was the only lightweight cast member who held a victory over a UFC veteran (he triangled Jason Dent in the first round - Dent gave a great fight to Roger Huerta)

There is no guarantee and I'm not going to act like I'm entitled to anything, but if someone gets injured or something I hope I'm on the list of "fighters to call"

This might seem like a stupid question but how does one exactly sign with the UFC? Do they contact you? Do you somehow apply? Just out of curiosity.

I hope so too, for your sake and so I can see you, but honestly I would imagine you're pretty low on the list. Throughout the season they are going to build the personalities of those on the show to hopefully have a couple names people would actually tune in to see. All the UFC has from you is one exhibition fight and tapes. Despite your skill it's just not the most marketable angle relative to the ones who were able to stick around the house longer. And from what we've seen of past TUFers you would probably be better off developing your skills away from the small sphere of TUF so when you do go to the UFC you're able to show an elite level of fighting instead of an untrained one (where striking is concerned, no offense). So many TUF guys try to skip the entire middle part of their career and they end up being dropped from the UFC for just that reason, being left with only slight name recognition for pull in regional shows and a "loser" title to the casual, national fan.
I'm sure you're legally not allowed to discuss the contracts but I can only imagine...

My opponent Brandon Garner was the only lightweight cast member who held a victory over a UFC veteran (he triangled Jason Dent in the first round - Dent gave a great fight to Roger Huerta)

There is no guarantee and I'm not going to act like I'm entitled to anything, but if someone gets injured or something I hope I'm on the list of "fighters to call"

So your suspension is over and all recovered from the broken nose...I hope you do get a chance, your chance at TUF wasnt taken away because you were a bad fighter but just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the illegal blow...Thats why I don't really like all the pre-fights to get in the house...At least they should do the fights off TV at least like 3 months before they start filming...then if someone gets hurt but still wins, they still can go to the house and do all the taping in 3 or so months...Its like they should have fights as part as the audition? By the way, what are the auditions like...I heard that they do grappling but have like 4 grappling matches going on at one time and then whoever dana really likes tells them their moving on...some people said they tapped/submitted their opponents but still didnt move on further in the audition process...

I hope so too, for your sake and so I can see you, but honestly I would imagine you're pretty low on the list. Throughout the season they are going to build the personalities of those on the show to hopefully have a couple names people would actually tune in to see. All the UFC has from you is one exhibition fight and tapes. Despite your skill it's just not the most marketable angle relative to the ones who were able to stick around the house longer. And from what we've seen of past TUFers you would probably be better off developing your skills away from the small sphere of TUF so when you do go to the UFC you're able to show an elite level of fighting instead of an untrained one (where striking is concerned, no offense). So many TUF guys try to skip the entire middle part of their career and they end up being dropped from the UFC for just that reason, being left with only slight name recognition for pull in regional shows and a "loser" title to the casual, national fan.
I'm sure you're legally not allowed to discuss the contracts but I can only imagine...

In the history of TUF every fighter that was sent home early due to injury (without losing a fight) was later given a UFC fight.

I find it funny that everyone thinks I can't strike just because I choose to grapple in my fights. I train striking much more than I train grappling, but if someone wants to stand with me they first have to prove they can stop my takedowns.

My suspension isn't up until the end of November so right now I'm just playing the waiting game.

As far as the auditions go, I went through the open tryout for TUF 5 in Florida. I had one grappling match, luckily I put the guy to sleep and he made a big scene waking up so I was able to make a big impression. I then did one round of pad work and then interviews. Later they flew me out to Vegas for background checks, medicals, interviews, and drug screening (which eliminates more people than you would think). I made it to the final 20 for TUF 5 before getting cut.

This time around - since the producers knew who I was and they liked my audition tape I was flown straight to Vegas for the final leg of auditions and luckily made it onto the show.

Also, the TUF contracts which contestants compete for are NOT bad at all in my opinion. There are also many benefits that go into fighting in the UFC that people don't think about such as marketability to sponsors and drawing power for an academy. My last fight before TUF I made $13,000 I would not have signed on for the show if the opportunity wasn't very promising.

I was just curious and been curious for the past year or so...but I see alot of the lighweights on TV like Clay Guida, Urijah Faber and no way in hell do they walk around at like 160 or something. They look Huge, I myself used to weigh 160 but I didnt look that big. I know you werent their in las vegas for along time due to being sent home, but what were some of the normal weights for the LW's that are on TUF 8...Sorry, if its a dumb question but I just wonder how in the world do these guys weigh in at 155-160....they look they could be around 170....

I'd imagine guys on TUF are not the biggest guys in their division. The biggest guys wouldn't be able to make weight on 48hrs notice. A far higher proportion than average of ex-TUFers drop down a weight class after the show.

I bet most of them prolly walk around 170....The usualy the weight most LW's fighters walk around it...I remember the first time I saw a UFC LW fight and I was like damn they dont look 155 thats until I found out they cut weight.

In the history of TUF every fighter that was sent home early due to injury (without losing a fight) was later given a UFC fight.

I find it funny that everyone thinks I can't strike just because I choose to grapple in my fights. I train striking much more than I train grappling, but if someone wants to stand with me they first have to prove they can stop my takedowns.

My suspension isn't up until the end of November so right now I'm just playing the waiting game.

As far as the auditions go, I went through the open tryout for TUF 5 in Florida. I had one grappling match, luckily I put the guy to sleep and he made a big scene waking up so I was able to make a big impression. I then did one round of pad work and then interviews. Later they flew me out to Vegas for background checks, medicals, interviews, and drug screening (which eliminates more people than you would think). I made it to the final 20 for TUF 5 before getting cut.

This time around - since the producers knew who I was and they liked my audition tape I was flown straight to Vegas for the final leg of auditions and luckily made it onto the show.

Also, the TUF contracts which contestants compete for are NOT bad at all in my opinion. There are also many benefits that go into fighting in the UFC that people don't think about such as marketability to sponsors and drawing power for an academy. My last fight before TUF I made $13,000 I would not have signed on for the show if the opportunity wasn't very promising.

I was soo pissed when they sent you out, I had my girlfriend rooting for you too. You will be in there, hell, Jesse Taylor and War Machine got their chance. you'll get yours.

Hey Brian, I just saw the most recent episode. Sorry you had to be cut for such a lame reason. Hope you make it big man . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back