TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 7 DISCUSSION

I think it is the first time ever (mid season recap)

the bar scene was weird.
If you go by what we saw & the blogs it seemed that RR was feeling pretty good & went to the bar to get a drink.
Carraway was at bar & there was 5 feet of space & she decided to order an inch from his chair & start saying shit.
Meisha got way too territorial IMO (BC has some hold on her lol) & squeezed between them & then they started talking pads & Edmund came over & they brought up Twitter comments from years ago & everything we saw about Edmund calling BC out

No matter what we missed, it looked clear as Amoco Ultimate that they wanted to pick a fight.

Ronda never disrespected anyone she beat in a fight after the fight. She also never disrespected any of Miesha's fighters after the fight and was visibly seen being very professional and gracious to them. She simply disrespects Miesha because she can't stand Miesha. Get it yet?

I'm not disputing that Ronda doesn't like Miesha, I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for the dislike.

What I AM saying is that there's a time to express this dislike and a time to suck it up and make nice for the cameras. It's called being a professional. Whether it's in business, sports, or life in general.

Ronda is the queen of women's MMA. She is the champion of the women's bantamweight division in the largest and most well known MMA promotion in the world. She is undefeated and has won every fight the same way.

She has every thing Miesha wants, and the worst thing? Ronda TOOK it from Miesha. Had there been no Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate could've been the so-called "face" of the UFC's female division (or maybe there wouldn't have been one, but just assume that Dana would've come around anyways).

Ronda could very well just brush Miesha off, comfortable in the knowledge that Ronda beat Miesha in a very definitive manor and is likely to do it again; that Ronda is THE face of women's mixed martial arts; and that with a second loss Miesha's pretty much on a path to obscurity.

Ronda is showing that she can't handle the ribbing and the trash talk and the like, even from someone who she beat.

a.jpg

Never said he was the textbook definition of "Nice Guy" :) , just that he has, on occasion, shown he can put professionalism ahead of his own emotions.

BS ...I've followed
Rousey before Dana ever brought her into the UFC and she never acted
like this publicly. She was very careful about her image and how she
presented herself . If she was always like this, then why are so many
fans turning on her. The problem is that the fame/money has gone to her
head and she thinks she can act however she wants without consequence,
like she's untouchable. People like her tend to fall hard and fast and
with her instability, her fall is not gonna be pretty.

She's always acted like this, around Tate. All her other opponents were treated with respect.

I'm not disputing that Ronda doesn't like Miesha, I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for the dislike.

What I AM saying is that there's a time to express this dislike and a time to suck it up and make nice for the cameras. It's called being a professional. Whether it's in business, sports, or life in general.

Ronda is the queen of women's MMA. She is the champion of the women's bantamweight division in the largest and most well known MMA promotion in the world. She is undefeated and has won every fight the same way.

She has every thing Miesha wants, and the worst thing? Ronda TOOK it from Miesha. Had there been no Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate could've been the so-called "face" of the UFC's female division (or maybe there wouldn't have been one, but just assume that Dana would've come around anyways).

Ronda could very well just brush Miesha off, comfortable in the knowledge that Ronda beat Miesha in a very definitive manor and is likely to do it again; that Ronda is THE face of women's mixed martial arts; and that with a second loss Miesha's pretty much on a path to obscurity.

Ronda is showing that she can't handle the ribbing and the trash talk and the like, even from someone who she beat.

Pretty spot on post
No fighter gets universally loved by fans or fighters
Ronda goes nuts with any negativity aimed toward her

Thats thoughtful that you wont judge me for it. Feel free to do so if the mood strikes. Hell, if you want to pay a compliment, judge away.

This whole idea of being fake. Ugh, its such a girl term. Fake is a two face. Well, I havent been convinced Tate is a two face other than rollercoaster Rousey saying Tate is fake. I wont take Rouseys word for it because, well, I dont care enough to be convinced. Instead, I just watch a show, I watch interviews, and Tate could be two faced, but its clouded by Rouseys mouth. I simply cannot shut her out because she represents a lousy woman.

We are fans of the sport and some fighters are going to be loved. We know who you like and I like tits. Hah, but seriously, these 2 are women first, fighters second. Tate acts like a lady, plays the coach role decently, and if shes playing head games, shes winning.

You have to understand too that if Tate is fake, shes doing a damn good job. A master of her craft, if you will and Id admire that if we can prove it. I personally believe that Tate is just doing the best with what shes got to work with and I tell ya, its a lot more believeable than these fantasies that arise in here.

You ever think that Tate knows she doesnt belong, knows shes gotta work with a hater, all while doing it in front of cameras? Thats a tough job and a psychological burden.

all the while knowing she wouldn't be on TUF or in the UFC at all if it weren't for Ronda.

meh episode, why do we need a recap of 6 episodes? to fuel hype for tate v. rousey 2??

gheeeeuyyyyy

First of all, Josh Hill had the RNC moment right there. This is why you DONT go palm to palm. Michael unhooked it easy. You can't hold a tight grip with these gloves. Gotta lock it with your biceps. Would have been over.

Second, just HORRIBLE coaching by Miesha's team today. At the end of the first round, they told Josh to strike when he had control, and he got reversed in the last 10 seconds.

The WORST thing is when they told him to go for the choke in the 2nd round. HORRIBLE coaching decision. This is the 2nd round of the fight, and Josh was already tiring a bit from the first round. You don't ask a guy to go for a half shot at a guillotine in the 2nd round. He burnt himself out there.

He lost the round after that, and did have his arms left at all after that.

Bad coaching lost it for Josh imo. NEVER go for a guillotine unless it's a sure lock. It's a make or break hold. You get it- good, you win. You try and miss, you're on the bottom. You over commit- you're on the bottom and your arms are burnt.

Good all around fight though. Josh looked tiny next to Michael. MUCH better than last week's fight. We got to see a real back and forth here. Was only decided in the final minute of the 3rd.

PS Dana was such a fucking asshole again. "Ultimate Wrestling Championship". Yea, here's a note- Wrestling is part of your 'fighting' Dana. If you want stand-up wars, start promoting kickboxing.
When Randy did it, it was technical according to Dana. GSP does it every time he faces a striker. He holds them down for 20 out of 25 minutes.

It's part of the game. This man is talking about how he hates one-dimensional fighters. That's fucked up man. Clearly Josh has very little striking background. He's just trying to make a name for himself. Also he was much shorter than Michael, who easily kicked him in the face a few times with front kicks.

Gotta play to your strengths. Josh tried to go for a few submissions as well. So it wasn't like it was a lnp. Plus, he got that 1 Matt Hughes type of takedown.

Damn Dana, trying to scare the shit out of any fighter who tries to wrestle in the UFC. If he's discouraging ground game by imposing job-securtiy feelings, it's illegal. He needs to slow down a bit otherwise he's going to get into trouble.

Right now, the common census in the UFC is even if you're a top fighter- if you grapple, you'll get cut. That's why the Dong showed up swinging like a wild Ape against E.Silva. He admitted in an interview, he feared for his job.

This is going to get ugly.

PS- Ronda admits she doesn't "understand" why Miesha goes in for the handshake.

It's true, you can't blame Ronda. She doesn't understand professionalism. She's a bit immature in that regards. She doesn't even consider for one second that she should shake hands, or why people do it.

Not only that, she flips them off. That's the thing, immature people with a bit of 'crazy', don't realize they are crazy.

The whole season has been quite boring, Dana is so full of shit about it being good.

PS- Ronda admits she doesn't "understand" why Miesha goes in for the handshake.

It's true, you can't blame Ronda. She doesn't understand professionalism. She's a bit immature in that regards. She doesn't even consider for one second that she should shake hands, or why people do it.

Not only that, she flips them off. That's the thing, immature people with a bit of 'crazy', don't realize they are crazy.
Shaking hands is a weird practice. Understandable, but still pretty weird.

Shaking hands is a weird practice. Understandable, but still pretty weird.

Shaking hands in the West, bowing elsewhere, some places Wai/Namaste.

All signs of respect, curtesy, or professionalism. Shaking hands is just a more westernized thing.

But considering they are westerners, it should be really normal. Especially considering Ronda shakes other people's hands.

Shaking hands in the West, bowing elsewhere, some places Wai/Namaste.

All signs of respect, curtesy, or professionalism. Shaking hands is just a more westernized thing.

But considering they are westerners, it should be really normal. Especially considering Ronda shakes other people's hands.
Yeah, I get what you are saying, and don't disagree with you. I was just making a general observation.

Personally, I hate shaking hands. I hate it more when somebody tries to hug you when first meeting.

Personally, I hate shaking hands. I hate it more when somebody tries to hug you when first meeting.

I have seen some guy hug-fail a girl on first meeting and being introduced to her. As he approached to hug, she extended her hand to shake and he paused and backed out to shake her hand.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, and don't disagree with you. I was just making a general observation.

Tell me about it. You think hugging strangers is bad? Go to France where you'll have to cheek-kiss everyone.

Everytime I visit my lady's folks in France, I have to cheek kiss people everywhere. Even the men! Holy shit that has never grown okay for me.

I'll take handshake and hugs anyday

First of all, Josh Hill had the RNC moment right there. This is why you DONT go palm to palm. Michael unhooked it easy. You can't hold a tight grip with these gloves. Gotta lock it with your biceps. Would have been over.

Second, just HORRIBLE coaching by Miesha's team today. At the end of the first round, they told Josh to strike when he had control, and he got reversed in the last 10 seconds.

The WORST thing is when they told him to go for the choke in the 2nd round. HORRIBLE coaching decision. This is the 2nd round of the fight, and Josh was already tiring a bit from the first round. You don't ask a guy to go for a half shot at a guillotine in the 2nd round. He burnt himself out there.

He lost the round after that, and did have his arms left at all after that.

Bad coaching lost it for Josh imo. NEVER go for a guillotine unless it's a sure lock. It's a make or break hold. You get it- good, you win. You try and miss, you're on the bottom. You over commit- you're on the bottom and your arms are burnt.

Good all around fight though. Josh looked tiny next to Michael. MUCH better than last week's fight. We got to see a real back and forth here. Was only decided in the final minute of the 3rd.

PS Dana was such a fucking asshole again. "Ultimate Wrestling Championship". Yea, here's a note- Wrestling is part of your 'fighting' Dana. If you want stand-up wars, start promoting kickboxing.
When Randy did it, it was technical according to Dana. GSP does it every time he faces a striker. He holds them down for 20 out of 25 minutes.

It's part of the game. This man is talking about how he hates one-dimensional fighters. That's fucked up man. Clearly Josh has very little striking background. He's just trying to make a name for himself. Also he was much shorter than Michael, who easily kicked him in the face a few times with front kicks.

Gotta play to your strengths. Josh tried to go for a few submissions as well. So it wasn't like it was a lnp. Plus, he got that 1 Matt Hughes type of takedown.

Damn Dana, trying to scare the shit out of any fighter who tries to wrestle in the UFC. If he's discouraging ground game by imposing job-securtiy feelings, it's illegal. He needs to slow down a bit otherwise he's going to get into trouble.

Right now, the common census in the UFC is even if you're a top fighter- if you grapple, you'll get cut. That's why the Dong showed up swinging like a wild Ape against E.Silva. He admitted in an interview, he feared for his job.

This is going to get ugly.

Thank you.
Wanted to see some actual talk on the fight itself, not the usual bitching back and forth about the catty coaches rivalry.

Read the recap earlier, was shocked to see Wooten won, as he didn't impress me at all on episode 1...Hill was a big favourite due to his grappling background and record.

Yea I just noticed that nobody talked about the fight at all. hah.

Poor guys. I bet the only guy's name people remember is Holdsworth.

That's the story of TUF 18, man.
95% of threads on this board are about a) Rousey being a nutjob; b) who's more of a bitch, Rousey or Tate or c) (insert chick's name) is hot, here's some pics of her.

I haven't watched a minute of it since episode 1. No interest in sitting through a high-school bitchfest, and I don't agree with how the men have been completely disregarded for the most part. I read the recaps, coz I am interested to see who is getting to the finals, but that's about it.

That's the story of TUF 18, man.
95% of threads on this board are about a) Rousey being a nutjob; b) who's more of a bitch, Rousey or Tate or c) (insert chick's name) is hot, here's some pics of her.

I haven't watched a minute of it since episode 1. No interest in sitting through a high-school bitchfest, and I don't agree with how the men have been completely disregarded for the most part. I read the recaps, coz I am interested to see who is getting to the finals, but that's about it.

By actively avoid watching the men's fight, you have completely disregarded them yourself, bro. See the irony there?

This place is full of haters who got their heads planted firmly in their asses, don't let the threads/posts made by them prevent you from watching all the quality scraps on this season. Then you will know enough about each episode to make your own quality posts to even out the whining/bitching "men" around here! :D

Last edited:

To be honest though the men fights don't leave a lot to talk about. But point of fact, in regards to Dana and the wrestling thing:

GSP does not hold anyone down for 20 out of 25 minutes. Its not even close and he's one of the most active wrestlers in the game, constantly landing shots while at the same time always trying to advance position. Its not comparable at all to grabbing a guy and just trying to hang on to him. Dana White, in his defense, has said numerous times he loves a good grappling war, as long as the fighters are actually trying to advance position and keep working, as opposed to simply laying on the guy and trying to hold him down until the round is over. To be truthful, that is what Josh did to get into the house, which is why Dana said it. But in this fight, he certainly was trying to hang on and rely on his wrestling but in my opinion Josh wasn't just trying to hold anyone down. It was still pretty bad but he didn't just sit there.

GSP in his last fight with Diaz stood with him for over 13 minutes, almost exactly half the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back