• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF Season 29 Episode 1 Watch Party 6/1 9 ET

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The Ultimate Fighter Season 29
Where: ESPN +
Time: 9:00 PM ET
Date: 6/1/2021

Sign up for ESPN+ right here, and you can then stream the UFC, PFL and “The Ultimate Fighter” live on your smart TV, computer, phone, tablet or streaming device via the ESPN app.

Hey everyone. Given that there hasn’t been a whole lot UFC content this last week, so I figured it might be fun to try something different. I’ll be doing a watch party here where we can all enjoy the premiere of the new TUF season together. If enough people are interested maybe this can be a weekly thing.

The-Ultimate-Fighter-29-Hero.jpg

Sign up for ESPN+ right here, and you can then stream the UFC, PFL and “The Ultimate Fighter” live on your smart TV, computer, phone, tablet or streaming device via the ESPN app.

As many of you know this is the 29th season. Alex Volkanovski and Brian Ortega are the coaches, and are planning to fight after the show.

There will be 8 middleweights and 8 bantamweights this season. Here is a website that presents a cast list and gives a little info about each guy: https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-mma-news-a-look-at-the-cast-of-the-ultimate-fighter-season-29/

The cast includes everything from undefeated prospects from organizations like LFA, to fighters who showed up for the contender series and lost their bout. It seems like a relatively strong group of guys. Hopefully we have a couple standouts that make this season interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this jus basically a PBP?

I'll be tuning in cause I'm addicted but mainly for the training and fights.

We always did a weekly TUF thread (never official) to chat a smidgen. Not too many were "IN"...

That all said...

ArQYkr6.gif

Mitch Raposo is undefeated and fighting out of New England cartel. He trains with rob font and Calvin Kattar. Hoping they produce another exciting up and comer
Some interesting prospects for sure. Raposo is pretty tiny and could probably make 125.

I'll have to see all of the cast before I make any bold predictions. Looking forward to it.

Is this jus basically a PBP?

I'll be tuning in cause I'm addicted but mainly for the training and fights.

We always did a weekly TUF thread (never official) to chat a smidgen. Not too many were "IN"...

That all said...

ArQYkr6.gif
That’s what we’re going for. I figured with the series coming back we could give it a go. Middle of the week so it’s not like we typically have much else going on Tuesday nights. I was thinking it could be similar to the contender series

This is gonna be a shitshow. I convinced my Bachelor and Bachelorette loving wife to watch it with me because her guilty pleasure is trashy reality TV

So I figured this was like a Venn Diagram overlap opportunity, even tho I don't think I've ever watched a season of TUF. Just once in a while caught a few espides on Spike TV but never really liked it.

I might be one of the few people that actually missed TUF.
I’ll admit it got very dry and boring in the later seasons and fights/fighters were safe. But In this Hollywood Era I feel like this is the perfect time for it.
The right way to get these guys going is to incentivize them with cash. I hope they do the right things to get guys motivated and not wanting to fight safe.

Realistically most of the guys who had long careers in the ufc weren’t always the guys who were initially the most exciting on the show. There is a value to fighting safe and not taking risks. But I’d also dare to say many guys who were not ufc level had great runs on the show and made some ufc money for being super aggressive.

This is gonna be a shitshow. I convinced my Bachelor and Bachelorette loving wife to watch it with me because her guilty pleasure is trashy reality TV

So I figured this was like a Venn Diagram overlap opportunity, even tho I don't think I've ever watched a season of TUF. Just once in a while caught a few espides on Spike TV but never really liked it.
My wife doesn't care about MMA at all but enjoys TUF and has seen almost all seasons with me. So who knows

That’s what we’re going for. I figured with the series coming back we could give it a go. Middle of the week so it’s not like we typically have much else going on Tuesday nights. I was thinking it could be similar to the contender series

Hi ZC. Good idea. Thanks! I'm gonna check it out. Might watch & then chime in a bit later. Love these types of threads. There's always some cool & funny observations. None of my friends offline watch this stuff so it's especially awesome sharing banter with others who dig it. Hope you're doing aight my friend. Great seeing other online buds here. Enjoy!

Back