TUF Mike Tyson update

uncookedpork**

Green Belt
Reaction score
On last night's TUF, Mike Tyson showed up and talked to the guys, and watched a fight. Cool to see him, but he didn't do too much.

Now next week should be good. The previews show that he is going to show the guys some punching/boxing technique. I was hoping Mike would do some training, should be excellent. I'm sure those guys appreciated having Iron Mike on the scene.

I would like to see him think of Cus and carry on his work, and now become a full time trainer. He has a deep knowledge of boxing history, and I think he would do very well in the field and enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more... Tyson has a serious wealth of knowledge in regards to boxing. Would be a great way to pay homage to Cus by carrying on his teaching.

this is great he mite even fight who knows

Yeah, it would be cool to see Mike become a trainer or at least a commentator(I realize that would be as funny as it would be insightful) and I've heard him talking to Roach about becoming a trainer. I guess Roach said it might take a little more patience than Mike has at this point in his life or something like that.

During the fight I heard him tell Michael Johnson "no kicks." I liked that.

Exactly, next week one of the greatest punchers in heavyweight boxing history is giving lessons on the sweet science. This is huge news for old time boxing marks like me. The thought of Tyson teaching you how to box, man that blows my mind. That is a once in a lifetime opportunity for those guys.

this is great he mite even fight who knows

LOL, even at this stage in his life, I feel if Mike trained for a few months and walked to the TUF ring fired up and looking to brawl, that many contestants would think twice and decline the fight!

index.gif

The preview for next week showed him giving instruction.

I bet someone's going to try to correct him or some shit, "Nah brah, you're punching too straight, you've gotta arc it overhead so you can generate more force...and don't waste time with that bobbing and weaving crap either, you'll run right into a 'head kick'."

:icon_lol:

I bet someone's going to try to correct him or some shit, "Nah brah, you're punching too straight, you've gotta arc it overhead so you can generate more force...and don't waste time with that bobbing and weaving crap either, you'll run right into a 'head kick'."

:icon_lol:

lmao. I want someone to just stop Mike and tell him: "haven't u heard bro? Boxing doesn't work in teh UFC. you gotta defend takedowns and shit".... lol

I am now nostalgic because of seeing Iron Mike on TUF. Here is my favorite boxer Bert Cooper in his prime demonstrating "The Tyson" combination. It was a right hook to the body immediately followed by a right uppercut, and sometimes a left hook. I had never seen this before in boxing history, and you had to be extremely fast to pull this off. Two big power punches in combo both with the same hand. Good to see Bert pay tribute and mention this unique combination that Mike perfected.

At around the 6:53 mark here, this can be a devastating move. To me, one of the most unique combos in boxing history. Mike used this in many wins.

Tyson should do a boxing instrutional

Tyson might B 2 old for mma now but the last thing 2go is they say the punching power. with little gloves he could ko any1

Why do people keep thinking the glove size makes that much of a difference?

Mike Tyson should be a trainer. Not for MMA fighters, of course. For up-and-coming boxers. He has a pluthora of knowledge pertaining to the sweet science.

Back