TUF Brazil 3 Finale: Marcio Alexandre vs. Warlley Alves PBP (Discussion)

Yep..rony jasons hand is certainly broken...

He said he broke his hand in the 1st round.

I know lol. But that was a long time ago and a different thread. i figure he just saw something to mention it now.

He was being interviewed by brazilian TV...he showed his hand...said he broke it in the 2nd minute of rd1...there was blood coming out what appeared to be hole below the 2nd finger (the one after the thumb)...edit: he said the blood was from the hole made by the bone sticking out...

Alves is the guy. Lyoto didn't look good in any of his fights on TUF

Surprised Thiago Tavares didn't pull out of that pre fight video package.

Alves is the guy. Lyoto didn't look good in any of his fights on TUF

IMO Lyoto has potential but it's obvious he's at the wrong weight class. Warlley will probably move down too, but Lyoto seems to suffer from being at MW much more, I doubt his cardio is normally that bad.

Does he usually gas?

He gassed badly in his two (Don't remember his qualification fight to enter the house) TUF fights. He was lucky that his opponent in the first fight gassed even more badly than he did and the 2nd fight was a contentious decision against Demente.

He was being interviewed by brazilian TV...he showed his hand...said he broke it in the 2nd minute of rd1...there was blood coming out what appeared to be hole below the 2nd finger (the one after the thumb)...edit: he said the blood was from the hole made by the bone sticking out...

Wow... not something you see often.

IMO Lyoto has potential but it's obvious he's at the wrong weight class. Warlley will probably move down too, but Lyoto seems to suffer from being at MW much more, I doubt his cardio is normally that bad.

The weight cut definitely affected him, but his striking didn't impress me even in the first rounds of his fights.

Does he usually gas?

He gassed very badly in the semi finals. Lucky for him, Demente did too. The decision could go either way though.

I don't remember the other fights, except that he kicks well and has a karate stance and decent counters.

Wow... not something you see often.

was not that bad actually...you could only see the blood...of course he wasnt supposed to show it...lol...he said his biggest mistake was letting the fight go to the judges...

damn, you guys are scaring me about watching Lyoto. lol

Back