TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 11 - 10 pm ET

Folded him like a chair... Haha. Greene talked big and was an entertaining drunk this season... maybe PFL in his future.

that was mcgregor vs khabib all over again
super mouthy striker gets outstruck standing, dropped, and pounded, then finished on the ground.

plus i hate cigarette smokers. f him

lol of course juan won he has been training for 2 months w batista

Hahahaha yeah baby

Juan put a stop to all that talking in less than two minutes.

Juan is gonna take the whole thing

That was one heck of a right hand, left uppercut. Dang.

That's a wrap on ol' Mo Greene.

young juan

Juan-Trota-Espino.jpg

Closing in on the Finale... + Juan

Hate to say it... I took some joy in watching Maurice get knocked down. Normally I try to be happy for the winner and root for the loser to bounce back or show improvement, etc. But here, here I wanted Maurice to be shut up.

So kudos and good job to the editors building up to that. He got what he had coming talking shit all season.

Wow Juan looked impressive there, the way he tricked Mo into thing he was gonna shoot then that overhand uppercut combo I'm surprised that wasn't an instant ko.

Also everytime I see Leah's face I feel we should all be given more respect to Bea she really fucked her up and once she's had more training she could really be a bad bitch. Definitely more than just a great ass.

I'm feeling this coaches challenge was rigged robert is like a 1,000,000 to one favorite here kelvin never in shape out of camp and obviously an Australian is comfortable running in the heat.

Last edited:
Also everytime I see Leah's face I feel we should all be given more respect to Bea she really fucked her up and once she's had more training she could really be a bad bitch. Definitely more than just a great ass.
Agreed, and IMO it was 1-1, should've went into 3rd round.
That was his second pro fight against Vitaly Minakov. Do you know who Minakov is today?
I don't think it was his second fight, watching the entire video you can see he was labelled as 10-1 going to the fight, i think his Tapology/Sherdog pages are incomplete due to the Spanish MMA scene being a mess, it's hard to track fights/events from that region.
Maybe League S-70 production fucked up though, they had Juan's age and height wrong.

And yes, i do know who Minakov is.

Agreed, and IMO it was 1-1, should've went into 3rd round.
I don't think it was his second fight, watching the entire video you can see he was labelled as 10-1 going to the fight, i think his Tapology/Sherdog pages are incomplete due to the Spanish MMA scene being a mess, it's hard to track fights/events from that region.
Maybe League S-70 production fucked up though, they had Juan's age and height wrong.

And yes, i do know who Minakov is.

I'm from the Canary Islands myself, I train at Juan's gym in Gran Canaria, I see him almost everyday and that was his 3rd pro fight (not the 2nd, my bad). He has competed in a lot of disciplines, but as far as MMA is concerned, he was a rookie back then and got destroyed by a future HW champion who's still undefeated today.

I'm from the Canary Islands myself, I train at Juan's gym in Gran Canaria, I see him almost everyday and that was his 3rd pro fight (not the 2nd, my bad). He has competed in a lot of disciplines, but as far as MMA is concerned, he was a rookie back then and got destroyed by a future HW champion who's still undefeated today.
Got it, but it's important to point out that Minakov was a rookie too, who of course was very experienced in Sambo.

Let me you ask you then, is he really 38? He looks younger.

Got it, but it's important to point out that Minakov was a rookie too, who of course was very experienced in Sambo.

Let me you ask you then, is he really 38? He looks younger.
Yes, he is 38, but he takes care of his body pretty well, so he still looks fresh. He said on a spanish tv show the other day that the UFC was reluctant to sign a fighter of that age for the TUF. They have a limit of 35 years old, but he asked them for an opportunity and it seems he impressed them all in the trials.
And from what I've heard, he sparr with Frazier in the trials and was manhandling him pretty easily. Let's see how the finale goes.

Last edited:
I like Juan. Also Rob Whittakers no hard sparring is just common sense. You are potentially fighting every week. You don't go 100% in there. Instead just maintain your shape and technique plus get the gameplan sorted. That's how you get an athlete as close to 100% in there as possible.

Also cant work out who i dislike more- maurice or the remote lady

Haha that was great. Always nice to see a bully get his comeuppance.

I don't like Gasteleum's chances against Whittaker if it goes into 4th round.

Whittaker didn't even look tired running.

That was actually very satisfying. Also reminds why I should stop smoking(again).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back