TUF 16 Finale: Jonathan Brookins vs. Dustin Poirier PBP (Discussion)

Where was the hustle from the ref?? He tooks some unnecessary shots

How so? He's already one of the best in the division and is still young as hell. Well-rounded game. Good standup good on the mat. Tough.

Oh, he's a great talent. It's just early to assume that he is going to reach the pinnacle of the division.

He's not the only young gun in the division. KZ is only two years older, and Aldo looks like he'll be a fixture for a while (and I really don't see how Poirier could beat him).

And he'll have to contend for the championship with guys like Mendes, KZ, Swanson, Koch, Oliveira, Nunes and Siver even with Aldo out of the picture.

:eek:

What fight were you watching? He was showing zero defensive skill, while gassing himself out throwing shots that seemingly did nothing.

That was a slick finish.

Brookins was getting the better of Poirer on his feet early in the fight, he clipped him with some nice shots.

Thanks. :D

Oh, he's a great talent. It's just early to assume that he is going to reach the pinnacle of the division.

He's not the only young gun in the division. KZ is only two years older, and Aldo looks like he'll be a fixture for a while (and I really don't see how Poirier could beat him).

And he'll have to contend for the championship with guys like Mendes, KZ, Swanson, Koch, Oliveira, Nunes and Siver even with Aldo out of the picture.

Not to mention KZ holds a finish victory over him.

I don't mind watching that again... again... and again...

Great night.

I lol'd at "poirier sounds like a black dude" his accent is pretty typical of white guys in Louisiana especially when they grow up in black neighborhoods.

Back