Trying to decide on a Gi

Ryanjudoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ive searched the forums and Im still trying to find out some information on gi sizing. Im 5'6 and 145 lbs Im looking at the Atama Mundial 9 but im unsure of the sizing, Ive worn Ouano A1's in the past and they fit me very well. Any advice on a gi for my size limitations :)

I'd guess A1 is probably your size....

I'd suggest checking out the Koral mkm comp gi. I was in the budovideo store a few weeks ago and tried on quite a few gi's, the Koral really stuck out. I have been very happy with it thus far, probably the nicest gi I have owned.

I always size up because gi's always seem to shrink even if you wash cold and hang dry.

My classmate has an atama a2 mundial 7 and is the exact same size as yourself (5'6", 145lbs). According to their site he should be in an A1, but the gi fits him perfect. Not sure how different the 7 is to the 9.

I always size up because gi's always seem to shrink even if you wash cold and hang dry.

My classmate has an atama a2 mundial 7 and is the exact same size as yourself (5'6", 145lbs). According to their site he should be in an A1, but the gi fits him perfect. Not sure how different the 7 is to the 9.

Wear pajamas when rolling with brown/ black belts; get mad amounts of respect for it:cool:

I'd guess A1. Do people really like Atama that much? Most people I've ever seen with them seem to be of the opinion that they're over priced rags. I love my Padilla and Sons:). Even most of our Bbelts have made the transition and wont go back

Ive searched the forums and Im still trying to find out some information on gi sizing. Im 5'6 and 145 lbs Im looking at the Atama Mundial 9 but im unsure of the sizing, Ive worn Ouano A1's in the past and they fit me very well. Any advice on a gi for my size limitations :)

Awww, you must be adorable :redface:.

Back