trying to choose which Fairtex mma gloves are best.

FightDoctor**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They have the NHB glove w/without thumb, next the the Ultimate nhb glove w/witihout thumb, and then then the unlimate combate glove. what 's the difference. please help i need to order gloves soon.

go with the regular NHB without thumb.

the finger loop system feels tight and natural and the wrist wrap provides good support. the only con would be that the fingers cut a little short.

the ultimate NHB glove has longer fingers, but its 'slip-in' finger system feels like you are wearing a glove and does not feel as tight. also, there is no padding behind the wrist, so it is a little flimsy. (nothing support tape can't fix though)

the ultimate combat glove is like the ultimate NHB except it has no thumb loop. however, it has a double wrist wrap which provides the best support out of the three options.

i fought with a pair of blue fairtex mma gloves,they were thumbless.i really wish i would have been able to keep them.

I like the thumbless more, especally if yuur training a lot of mma.

cheesesteak said:
go with the regular NHB without thumb.

the finger loop system feels tight and natural and the wrist wrap provides good support. the only con would be that the fingers cut a little short.

the ultimate NHB glove has longer fingers, but its 'slip-in' finger system feels like you are wearing a glove and does not feel as tight. also, there is no padding behind the wrist, so it is a little flimsy. (nothing support tape can't fix though)

the ultimate combat glove is like the ultimate NHB except it has no thumb loop. however, it has a double wrist wrap which provides the best support out of the three options.

I would not recommed the regular nhb because of the finger loop system, the knuckles are have been known to slide in the "loops" and cause broken hands.

I know of at least 3 amatuer fighters who have broke their hands in the regular nhb gloves

I would go with any of the gloves besides the original fairtex nhb gloves. The finger loops also tend to cut into your fingers and your fingers can come out easier as a result. The broken hand dilemma that USAMMAFAN describes sounds quite plausible though I haven't experienced this with my old pair.

Plus the newer glove designs have a 3 layer foam that should offer more protection to your hands. As for thumb/thumbless/complete open palm just go with whatever design you prefer.

I have the NHB gloves with no thumb and have used them for a while now (about 10 months)with no injuries yet. Once I have my knuckle guards and wraps on they don't move at all and I am very happy with the quality and design of them. The only problem I didn have initially is the leather finger straps rubbed the webbing between my fingers at first. This now doesn't occur since I wear the loops over my second knuckles now rather than pulled way tight and the leather has softened up over time.

Back