Trying to add mass/weight.

Cipher7

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am about 5'6" and have weighed 145 (walking weight) for 2+ years. I am trying to bulk up to 155-160. I try to eat more as well as work out to make sure i'm not gaining fat. But despite my efforts, every time I hit the scale... always comes out 145. I occasionaly drink protein shakes before or after workouts (never before AND after.)

That's just a little history on myself. I think you can guys say i'm pretty cut right now, but i'd just like to bulk 10 more pounds. (wow that sounds hard).

What are the general recommendations to increase weight and maintain good muscle definition? Someone know any good diet plans to help me gain this mass?

Thanks in advance.

Get food. Chew food. Swallow food.

Get weights. Lift weights. Lift heavier weights.

YAh.... I tried that...

I guess it's:

Get MORE food, Chew MORE food, Swallow MORE food.

Get MORE weights. Lift MORE weights.

I thought there was a better/more effective approach to this.

Ok... how about what do YOU guys eat?!?!

I just eat whatever I feel like every 2-4 hours and make sure every meal has protein.

But that is in the FAQ, I wasted 3 seconds of my life retyping it.

A general rule of thumb is; The more you eat, the bigger you get.

I just eat whatever I feel like every 2-4 hours and make sure every meal has protein.

But that is in the FAQ, I wasted 3 seconds of my life retyping it.

A general rule of thumb is; The more you eat, the bigger you get.

This guy speaks the truth. If you feel like being made fun of, type your diet out. Most guys that say they have such a hard time gaining just eat <2500 calories a day. There is no more effective way to gain lean mass than eating more and lifting more (unless you don't care about the legality of roids).

This guy speaks the truth. If you feel like being made fun of, type your diet out. Most guys that say they have such a hard time gaining just eat <2500 calories a day. There is no more effective way to gain lean mass than eating more and lifting more (unless you don't care about the legality of roids).

Well, even on roids you got to eat.
Stack up on proteins and carbs, and remember your vegetables.
And get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Its when youre sleeping youre growing.

Back