1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Trump's War on the Press: American Trust in the Press Lowest in Decades

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JosephDredd, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Trump supporters never really said anything when Trump promised to undo the first amendment during the campaign (nor did they freak out when he agreed with Hillary's gun control policy during a debate) and now almost half of Republicans are against the first amendment.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/americans-views-media-2018-08-07

Re: bold - Alex Jones is in trouble if the people ever take back power.

2. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

3. lilelvis

lilelvis Black Belt Platinum Member

I missed the part of the article that shows half of republicans wanting to destroy free speech.

Only 13% (R) and 8% (D) support stronger libel laws. The rest just don't trust the media. Your title is FAKE NEWS, Joe...

4. abiG

abiG The Last Iconoclast Double Yellow Card

Ohhhh, poor Dredd, the right and the left are against free speech. It is this paradigm you reside in that is against free speech. Today actually, free speech has been under attack from the PC culture pushed by "the left." But, you don't see it. I know.

And why do you keep promoting Alex Jones? What do you get out of it? No one with a mind gives a damn about him, it's the implications from the PC world's attacks on his speech that we need to be concerned with. Who is next? First they came for Alex, right?

5. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

I put it in bold, just for you. How did you miss that?

Quipling likes this.
  6. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Yellow Card

7. Tropodan

Tropodan Silver Belt Platinum Member

More pathetic straw grabbing.
    And these are only libel laws, it's not a call for censorship necessarily. It's a call for responsibility. It's a slippery slope for sure but not what the left wants it to be. The left is the true anti free speech crowd who supports hate speech laws and all kinds of censorship.

In the old days it was conservatives censoring nudity and course language. Today it's the left wanting to censor literally everything that challenges their ideology.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Pessimystic and Devout Pessimist like this.
  8. Captain Davis

Captain Davis Senior Flatulator

No one wants free speech. Too many feels now.

9. Tropodan

So was it the MSM that falsely reported the polls? Because part of the gargantuan culture and reality shock the left just took was from how misled they were. Watch the election night footage and campaign footage from just about anywhere weeks prior. Almost all of the reported polls from everywhere were showing easy clear Hillary victories. It was amazing actually, the smug laughter it's like they had it in the bag lol

Lol........

10. Rational Poster

Nope, they accurately reported the polls, including the margin of error.

Hope this helps.

11. BudKing8806

BudKing8806 Brown Belt

12. Tropodan

13. wonderbread

wonderbread Stiff Member

14. Rational Poster

Did you actually like try to fucking read it my dude?

It’s possible that there is some late movement toward him that the polls haven’t fully picked up on. Good pollsters often survey voters over multiple days, so if movement occurred very late in that time frame it’s possible that public pollsters won’t fully detect it before Nov. 8.

The polls could also systematically underrate Trump by misestimating the composition of the electorate. In the 2014 Senate elections, polls in the final week underestimated Republican candidates by about three points on average. And in the 2012 presidential election, national polls showed Obama leading by one point, and he won the popular vote by four points (although state polls were more accurate than national polls in that race). So it’s possible that the polls could be off and Trump could win the presidency. But it’s impossible to know ahead of time if the polls will err -- and if they do err, it’s impossible to forecast whether they might be biased toward Trump or Clinton.

In other words, Clinton has kept Trump from catching up to her in the polls so she is still the favorite to win -- but there is some uncertainty.

Talk about a self-own.

<Dany07>

JosephDredd and HomerThompson like this.
  15. Tropodan

I'm continuing to read more links, still feeling good about what I said. The polls were wrong, for what reason doesnt matter but as you pointed out there were several factors.

Many experts, modelled data and polls were wrong this time, and it resulted in many humiliated and shocked people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/polls-wrong-trump-clinton-why-2016-11

"To state the obvious, this is not random sampling error because it was shared across all pollsters in the same direction. This is some kind of large systematic error, far larger than typically occurs in a presidential election year," Wang said.

For the second-consecutive election cycle, the polling and prognostication industry is reckoning with how it got it wrong - and why we're talking about a President-elect Donald Trump when virtually all available data pointed to President-elect Hillary Clinton.

Patrick Carey likes this.
  16. Gutter Chris

Gutter Chris Chiropteran Enthusiast

Bingo buddy

Im seeing plenty of people on all sides that have major problems with people expressing views they dont agree with and trying to find ever more devious ways to interrupt them

Id guess its more like 50 percent of the country than 50 percent to any specific party

The internet makes people fucking crazy and able to form a mob for any thing you can think of

17. trident

trident Water Belt

During the Bush Cheney years I would have agreed with you, but the posturing from the new left is what concerns me these days.

18. Rational Poster

Nope. You're wrong.

Every major poll was within the margin of error.

The election was decided by 20,000 votes in two states my dude.

19. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Until I hear conservatives call for misgendering as hate speech or against the law liberals will always be well ahead in that category.

Son of Jamin, Bamboozled, Zer and 6 others like this.
  20. BudKing8806

BudKing8806 Brown Belt

Well, at least this is distracting people from the gun control debate.

KnightTemplar and Captain Davis like this.