Law Trump-Ukraine Megathread Vol 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's discussing the IC IG's standards for "credible". Obviously they could substantiate the assertions.

Yes, he does.

"In the process of reviewing and clarifying those forms, and in response to recent press inquiries regarding the instant whistleblower complaint, the ICIG understood that certain language in those forms and, more specifically, the informational materials accompanying the forms, could be read – incorrectly – as suggesting that whistleblowers must possess first-hand information in order to file an urgent concern complaint with the congressional intelligence committees."

"Since Inspector General Atkinson entered on duty as the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, the ICIG has not rejected the filing of an alleged urgent concern due to a whistleblower’s lack of first-hand knowledge of the allegations"

Where in the text that you quoted does the ICIG deny that the agency's policy was to require first-hand information? As I stated previously, the ICIG has taken the position—incorrectly—that the law forbids requiring first-hand information. He avoids attacking the prior policy directly, but it was unambiguous: the IG "will not be able to process the complaint" if is based on "nothing more than second-hand and unsubstantiated assertions."

There's no first hand information referred to in the non-redacted portion of the letter, the second hand information has been substantiated. The memorandum has been released.

On the contrary, the second-hand information has not been substantiated, and at most reflects a biased value-judgement about what the President should be doing (i.e., "differences of opinions concerning public policy matters"). It doesn't seem to bother you that this is categorically beyond the scope of intelligence whistleblower protections, notwithstanding the fact that POTUS is not an intelligence official.

It's completely workable. If the second hand information can be substantiated through first hand witnesses and documented evidence, then it meets the requirements for being "credible". Which is what happened.
....and here we are.

The exact opposite happened. Half the country can plainly see how the whistleblower system can be abused for political purposes, and the other half of the country is happy because the whistleblower system was abused for political purposes. Privileged information got leaked to people who have no business knowing it. Literally any idiot employed in one of the 17 federal intelligence agencies (thousands of people) can make an outrageous accusation against the President based entirely on hearsay.

Just take that as a prediction. At some point very soon, the "second-hand information" policy will be terminated. The DNI can do it, or Trump can accomplish it via executive order. The only people who want it are Democrats, and only for the duration of Trump's presidency.

Now see? We were finding some common ground and then you had to start name calling. You'd probably be more of an influence on people if you weren't such an asshole. It's the problem a lot of you guys seem to have. And then you wonder why you lose elections. ;)
I'm not sure he's trying to influence you...you're defending indefensible nonsense so in my ever present observation skillish wisdom, I determine you are simply fodder for ridicule. It's mean, but...

Where in the text that you quoted does the ICIG deny that the agency's policy was to require first-hand information? As I stated previously, the ICIG has taken the position—incorrectly—that the law forbids requiring first-hand information. He avoids attacking the prior policy directly, but it was unambiguous: the IG "will not be able to process the complaint" if is based on "nothing more than second-hand and unsubstantiated assertions."

On the contrary, the second-hand information has not been substantiated, and at most reflects a biased value-judgement about what the President should be doing (i.e., "differences of opinions concerning public policy matters"). It doesn't seem to bother you that this is categorically beyond the scope of intelligence whistleblower protections, notwithstanding the fact that POTUS is not an intelligence official.

The exact opposite happened. Half the country can plainly see how the whistleblower system can be abused for political purposes, and the other half of the country is happy because the whistleblower system was abused for political purposes. Privileged information got leaked to people who have no business knowing it. Literally any idiot employed in one of the 17 federal intelligence agencies (thousands of people) can make an outrageous accusation against the President based entirely on hearsay.

Just take that as a prediction. At some point very soon, the "second-hand information" policy will be terminated. The DNI can do it, or Trump can accomplish it via executive order. The only people who want it are Democrats, and only for the duration of Trump's presidency.

It's amazing that you think that anyone could or would take you seriously in your pontificating. Trump's own appointed IG states plainly that this isn't the scandal you guys are conspiracy theorizing over, and yet it's you who is the expert, on sherdog.............

The perfect storm..middle east..Ukraine.. Australia.. Russia.. Rudy.. Pompeo.. Bolton.. and trump releasing his own transcript and calling it fake news..his mini me boris johnstone lying to the queen..boris getting caught pussy grabbing..and kicking the Whitehouse cat in frustration..and trying to kill the cat for spying on trump while he pissed on the first ladies rose Bush!

I'm not sure he's trying to influence you...you're defending indefensible nonsense so in my ever present observation skillish wisdom, I determine you are simply fodder for ridicule. It's mean, but...

Even in simple conversations, these guys are like the janitor wandering into a debate about quantum mechanics.

Say something retarded, note the puzzled looks, "Yeah! Got em!!!! Nerds!!!"

The common ground was always there. You Trump guys simply don't apply standards to Trump, then project as if everyone else, in opposition to you, only cares when it is in fact Trump.

When everyone you meet is an asshole................

I do. I just don't think he did anything wrong in this particular case, but I sure as hell think Biden did.

<Fedor23>

Ummm. Those are Rudy's quotes and threats on FOX against Pompeo and the State Department.

He is threatening to bring out text and emails yp "protect himself" and that is not a threat against Dem's. They are drooling hoping he does share all that.

You think you got shit? Huh, idiot? Where's the evidence I stabbed her, huh? Oh, I'll show you a bloody shirt that Pompeo gave me, then you'll see. Oh, you'll see.

You are fact checking the IG. Take it up with his office. I’m just going to take a WAG here but everything you posted is fake news. What’s funny is that you guys will take the time to read through that shit but the whistleblower complaint is too much.

You're completely wrong. But I respect your right to be incorrect.

I do. I just don't think he did anything wrong in this particular case, but I sure as hell think Biden did.

<Fedor23>

Biden, being the point man for the admin and declaring it's position, along with the international community, threatening aid in order to get rid of a corrupt prosecutor who had shelved the investigation into the owner of the company his son had joined years after investigation's start. Nothing done in secret, and the position was well known

Trump, as president, in secret threatens to withhold aid, and enlists help from a foreign nation along with his personal attorney, in order to investigate his political opponent. He then covers it up, lies and produces a transcript showing exactly what the whistleblower, who he deems to be fake, claims.

If you had a lion and a puppy in front of you with only round, that puppy would get vented before the lion reached your throat..........

It's amazing that you think that anyone could or would take you seriously in your pontificating. Trump's own appointed IG states plainly that this isn't the scandal you guys are conspiracy theorizing over, and yet it's you who is the expert, on sherdog.............

The ICIG, Atkinson, will be thrown out on his ass soon.
You can have him. You can buy his tell-all book and contribute to his GoFundMe.

Biden, being the point man for the admin and declaring it's position, along with the international community, threatening aid in order to get rid of a corrupt prosecutor who had shelved the investigation into the owner of the company his son had joined years after investigation's start. Nothing done in secret, and the position was well known

Trump, as president, in secret threatens to withhold aid, and enlists help from a foreign nation along with his personal attorney, in order to investigate his political opponent. He then covers it up, lies and produces a transcript showing exactly what the whistleblower, who he deems to be fake, claims.

If you had a lion and a puppy in front of you with only round, that puppy would get vented before the lion reached your throat..........

Lol. I'm not even going to respond to that CNN talking point bullshit you copy and pasted up there. It would take too long and you're not a reasonable person. You are now attacking anyone in this thread who doesn't agree with you 100%.

We are done talking. I don't usually respond to you TDS assholes but I thought I'd seen a touch of reasonableness in some of your other posts. My mistake. Fuck off.

Its funny watching you feel so confident on a misrepresentation of the facts. Its like flat earth shit.

Its funny watching you feel so confident on a misrepresentation of the facts. Its like flat earth shit.

Lol. I'm not even going to respond to that CNN talking point bullshit you copy and pasted up there. It would take too long and you're not a reasonable person. You are now attacking anyone in this thread who doesn't agree with you 100%.

We are done talking. I don't usually respond to you TDS assholes but I thought I'd seen a touch of reasonableness in some of your other posts. My mistake. Fuck off.

Typical. When confronted with clear, distinct situations with easy to track facts, scream about how it's lamestream media and refuse to address it in any way. Trumpy see, Trumpy do.

Awww is looks like someone hurt your feelings.

<DCrying>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back