Trump to be trolled at local VA college

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PainIsLIfe, Feb 26, 2016.

1. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

I know that there are a lot of Trump threads, but I thought this was really telling. I live about 15 min's from RU and this part of the state is pretty conservative - even Romney won everything this side of Richmond except for Roanoke and Blacksburg.

RADFORD (WSLS 10) – Donald Trump’s upcoming rally at Radford University caused students on both political sides to speak up.

Some students and graduates are obtaining as many of the free tickets as they can, with no plans to attend or give the tickets away. They said empty seats will send a message to Trump.

Others are planning a “read-in” where they sit in the rally but read a book the entire time.

http://wsls.com/2016/02/25/radford-university-divided-on-donald-trumps-upcoming-visit/

Some are pretty upset at the plan - evidently a lot of tickets were taken up by students planning to skip the event.

2. HunterSdVa29

HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

isn't that the infamous STD school? at least that's what i always heard in HS out in NoVa

3. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

This would have been a better plan if they didn't announce it ahead of time. Sun Tzu is not pleased with this strategy.

I predict a full house.

VivaRevolution, uncommon and Dalarna3 like this.
  4. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

Obama won both Ablemarle county and Charlottesville, the latter by 75%.

5. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

Radford was commonly referred to as "Crabford" due to its proclivity for infestation

HunterSdVa29 likes this.
  6. JudoThrowFiasco

JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

As if Donald Is going to be confounded or raffled when a bottom tier university's student body plays the 'take your ball and go home' tactic. If anything, Trump goes on an epic monologue for the full time slot and it goes viral. Few people can out PR Donald.

PainIsLIfe likes this.
  7. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

That's what I always heard growing up nearby, not sure if it's true or not as I've never been able to find anything online that keeps those kinds of stats for specific colleges.

It used to be an all girl school that went co-ed and up until the mid-late 80's was still around a 2-1 F to M ratio - so I figure that and it's lower academic standing (VT is 20 minutes away) had something to do with the rumor.

8. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Mostly a figure of speech as I doubt most people on the site know where Roanoke is located. Obama won Roanoke (lost Roanoke County) and Blacksburg and Romney won the rest of southwest part of state except I think 1 little county in far sw VA.

Btw- I just pulled up a map of the state and I had always thought Albemarle was a lot closer to Richmond. PIL fails at geography. lol

Quipling likes this.
  9. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Good point JTF, I'll look for it on YT.

Popcorn gif.

10. supra57

supra57 sinner Double Yellow Card

When are people gonna troll Hillary and shout about all the laws and crime shes been involved in................nevermind too many people with their hands out wanting free stuff for that to ever happen. Thats the only reason anyone would vote for her and really America doesnt need this type anyway. If she dont get charged and arrested over the server she will probly be the next president then they can steal more whitehouse silverware.