Trump threatens to adjourn 'both chambers of Congress'’ so he can make recess appointments

4daLuLZ

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
so nobody’s gonna mention this ?

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-thre...-can-make-recess-appointments-without-1498178

The best parts are "......The President then threatened to make use of a power that no U.S. president has ever used—the authority to adjourn Congress "to such time as he shall think proper"—if the House and Senate won't allow him to exercise his recess appointment authority because....."

Lol.....I love seeing Trumptards twist themselves in knots defending their God.
Note to them : please read the article properly before you embarrass yourselves. I mean you’re going to embarrass yourselves anyways but don’t make it this easy.

So does he or does he not have the authority to do this? From the article it sounds like he does. What exactly is your gripe?

"It is a scam, what they do, it's a scam, and everybody knows it, and it's been that way for a long time,"

He's talking to you, Trump fans. You're just too stupid to hear it.

So does he or does he not have the authority to do this? From the article it sounds like he does. What exactly is your gripe?

If the fat bitch had the power, he wouldn't be moaning about what the Senate should be doing.

Article II Section 3
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

This may shock you, but something being theoretically legal is not the only standard of it being acceptable.

This may shock you, but something being theoretically legal is not the only standard of it being acceptable.

What other standard are you alluding to? Is it a human rights violation?

Wait until the Kong guy sees this one..

So what he wants is not illegal.

So hes just the first fucker willing to weild the power?

Got to love the how the US Republic is being put threw it's gears.

Lol leave it to good ol’ Captain Bone Spurs to dig through the constitution to find presidential steroids, but blame Obama for not replenishing the nation stockpile of PPE a few weeks after Trumps sends 18 tons of it to China. Classic!

Lol leave it to good ol’ Captain Bone Spurs to dig through the constitution to find presidential steroids, but blame Obama for not replenishing the nation stockpile of PPE a few weeks after Trumps sends 18 tons of it to China. Classic!
The buck stops everywhere else. His supporters will certainly never hold him accountable for anything.

You wanna see my power governor Cuomo, watch this.

The buck stops everywhere else. His supporters will certainly never hold him accountable for anything.

I remember numerous examples on the Apprentice where he would shred the losing team captain for making excuses.

Does this surprise anyone...that's the same presidential dumbass that claimed to have "total authority" over states. Same buffoon that that tweeted this:

trump-tweet-mocked-iherebyorder-833x436.jpg

...he's right.

it's not his fault that congress stalled on the nomination (one way or the other - ie: they didn't even reject it. they just stalled). shit or get off the pot? it's basically dereliction of duty. they could have just shot pack down 2 years ago to now and trump would have picked someone else.

the fact of the matter is that it's trump's job to appoint and congresses job to approve/disapprove. if congress fails to do their job...

I wouldn't really blame him for doing it. I'm shocked it's never been uaed though

Back