Economy Trump opposes US defaulting on Chinese-held debt

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Defaulting Chinese debt would probably start world war 3.......probably not the best thing.

You mean the people who 'knew' Iraq procured uranium from Niger and had high strength aluminum tubes for uranium enrichment and mobile biological weapons labs?

Thanks for highlighting that political actor's decide what military intelligence gets released even when it's just unvetted raw intelligence.

Great point lol

You actually think the US Intelligence agencies didn't know? Lol

So how do explain Murphy's response that we weren't doing enough?

And why would the CCP write an article that China was lying on their response lol?

It really did not go into much detail of what was said or what was lied about. It was all pretty vague. Talked of blaming China. Lol

Shit was shit

I dont care about your made up fantasy world. In reality, closing travel early and not having exemptions has worked.

Lol. Trump just got lambasted for talking about stopping immigration during this..

Just lol

Lol. Trump just got lambasted for talking about stopping immigration during this..

Just lol

Trump didnt stop immigration, or ever attempt to. He pandered to racists, and that's it.

Why the exemptions? Because it's not about stopping people from coming in. It's about hating immigrants. Why no mandatory quarantine for anyone coming in? Because it's not about stopping covid, it's about hating immigrants.

Thanks for highlighting that political actor's decide what military intelligence gets released even when it's just unvetted raw intelligence.

Great point lol

Bush and co cherrypicked intelligence, but there were people in the intelligence community (IC) who claimed Iraq had a WMD program. What members of the IC know is an epistemological question.

Trump didnt stop immigration, or ever attempt to. He pandered to racists, and that's it.

Why the exemptions? Because it's not about stopping people from coming in. It's about hating immigrants. Why no mandatory quarantine for anyone coming in? Because it's not about stopping covid, it's about hating immigrants.

You proved my point

It's not clear that that would even be possible, but it would essentially destroy our economy. The right-wing instinct to "punish" is retarded. If anyone deserves punishment, it's our own executive branch for its utterly incompetent response and its childish attempt to deflect blame by renaming the virus.
It is 100% China's primary fault but the admin only cares about a quick bandaid to get them reelected. Weaning ourselves from China would take many years but this dipshit conned people into thinking he was going to build a wall and bring jobs home.

Your point.... was what exactly? That dems prevented trump from doing the right thing by complaining?

No. That you do not agree with the measures a country like NZ enacted.

And taking the administration to court is a bit more than complaining

It's not clear that that would even be possible, but it would essentially destroy our economy. The right-wing instinct to "punish" is retarded. If anyone deserves punishment, it's our own executive branch for its utterly incompetent response and its childish attempt to deflect blame by renaming the virus.

I think more than just your executive branch deserves repercussions (note I didn't say punishment) for this. I'm hardly a Trump fan but the WHO dropped the ball and China's need to control narratives and keep up appearances and flat out lie (who believes those numbers) shouldn't go without consequence.

I was actually reading an article yesterday and Chinese people were heckling a high ranking government official. Found out they shout formalism as an insult. It's not the same meaning as here. Basically its used to criticize ineffective measures taken by the government for sake of appearances.

Found it pretty cool.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-residents-on-visit-to-coronavirus-epicentre

We have different perspectives. I live in Australia and we've handled the situation pretty well, both governments and people.

The amount of transmissions, overall numbers etc are substantially lower. So while I don't disagree that the majority of blame should be centered at your administration and the citizens (needs both to work) that's not applicable to me.

Your country may not have a massive right to throw stones but mine does. Your numbers can be attributed largely to administration and citizens. My country handled it well and got fucked over with these lies from china and either incompetence to possible corruption by the WHO.

You don't think that the Chinese response to my countries call for a formal investigation into the origin is acceptable do you?

While you might rightfully blame your administration you should realize that as the largest democratic economy and super power in the world that you should be backing up and supporting free, democratic countries like mine when we call for investigations.

You should be publicly expressing opposition to China's bullying and threatening of democratic allies for having the balls to ask china to do the right thing. You might not have them but at least support the people who do.

If China doesn't allow a multinational investigation into the origin you should support and institute any sanctions or punitive measures employed by fellow democratic countries.

Edit* As I didn't address the defaulting... not a good idea. You're a finance guy, is the name of a bond coincidental?

Last edited:
No. That you do not agree with the measures a country like NZ enacted.

And taking the administration to court is a bit more than complaining

Pretty sure I havent taken the administration to court.

And I do agree with what NZ did. It worked.

The world should treat China like Germany was treated after WW1. Bankrupt the zhit out of them so they cant afford to build any more virology labs.

Defaulting Chinese debt would probably start world war 3.......probably not the best thing.

China may have already started it with biological warfare.

The world should treat China like Germany was treated after WW1. Bankrupt the zhit out of them so they cant afford to build any more virology labs.
Got some bad news for you. Investors are flocking there like it's the last lifeboat on Titanic.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/bond-investors-swarm-to-china-a-safe-harbor/

You do know how Germany was treated after WWI was a major contributing factor in the rise of Hitler right? Harsh terms under the Treaty of Versailles failed to prevent the rearmament of Germany in the 1930's. That's not to mention the rise of nationalism due to perceived hardship imposed by foreign power actually solidified the Third Reich. The goal is to weaken the CCP, not strength its grip on power.

Got some bad news for you. Investors are flocking there like it's the last lifeboat on Titanic.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/bond-investors-swarm-to-china-a-safe-harbor/

You do know how Germany was treated after WWI was a major contributing factor in the rise of Hitler right? Harsh terms under the Treaty of Versailles failed to prevent the rearmament of Germany in the 1930's. That's not to mention the rise of nationalism due to perceived hardship imposed by foreign power actually solidified the Third Reich. The goal is to weaken the CCP, not strength its grip on power.

I dont think what was done to Germany was the right thing to do for sure, however, I do think something must be done and all options should be on the table(including military action).

What I do know is it must be a joint effort by all nations affected by the virus. China wont be able to worm out of anything if they are facing a combined effort from US,Italy, UK, Spain, Canada, Australia,etc.

I think more than just your executive branch deserves repercussions (note I didn't say punishment) for this. I'm hardly a Trump fan but the WHO dropped the ball and China's need to control narratives and keep up appearances and flat out lie (who believes those numbers) shouldn't go without consequence.

I was actually reading an article yesterday and Chinese people were heckling a high ranking government official. Found out they shout formalism as an insult. It's not the same meaning as here. Basically its used to criticize ineffective measures taken by the government for sake of appearances.

Found it pretty cool.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-residents-on-visit-to-coronavirus-epicentre

We have different perspectives. I live in Australia and we've handled the situation pretty well, both governments and people.

The amount of transmissions, overall numbers etc are substantially lower. So while I don't disagree that the majority of blame should be centered at your administration and the citizens (needs both to work) that's not applicable to me.

Your country may not have a massive right to throw stones but mine does. Your numbers can be attributed largely to administration and citizens. My country handled it well and got fucked over with these lies from china and either incompetence to possible corruption by the WHO.

You don't think that the Chinese response to my countries call for a formal investigation into the origin is acceptable do you?

While you might rightfully blame your administration you should realize that as the largest democratic economy and super power in the world that you should be backing up and supporting free, democratic countries like mine when we call for investigations.

You should be publicly expressing opposition to China's bullying and threatening of democratic allies for having the balls to ask china to do the right thing. You might not have them but at least support the people who do.

If China doesn't allow a multinational investigation into the origin you should support and institute any sanctions or punitive measures employed by fellow democratic countries.

Edit* As I didn't address the defaulting... not a good idea. You're a finance guy, is the name of a bond coincidental?

I think this is all a different issue. Wanting to know what happened is fine. Sanctions are fine if we're talking about a continuing issue. Trying to negotiate a settlement is fine. The idea that we should impose "punishment" on other countries as a response amid a crisis that was largely a result of an incompetent response to a problem by our own gov't is reflective of a mindset that is both authoritarian and childish.

There's also something really creepy about the way people are so easily manipulated as Trump's relationship to China keeps changing (immediately gives in to them on the TPP and it's great that we're building a stronger relationship, then pivots to a trade war and they're the devil, then pivots to playing nice to get out of the trade war and they're great, then needs a scapegoat for his failure on COVID, etc.--every step of the way, his slavish followers shift and express the new gov't-demanded position with deep conviction).

Great point lol

That's another example of right-wing blame-shifting. It wasn't an intelligence failure; it was a failure of the Bush administration to properly process intelligence because of highly motivated reasoning.

Back