• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

political teams are a funny thing
Dff_3txXUAARmpm

Pretty much sums it up.

People need to make sure they read this. How can people be so blatantly unprincipled?
They are called Conservatives, does it bother anyone else Trump praising a brutal dictator and attacking Trudeau?

In a battle of shameless hypocrites, right-wingers take the cake, as usual.

This is the same group that has armed belligerence and iron fisted measures almost built into their DNA. The US should be the emperor of the world and that's just all there is to it. Diplomacy is for pussies and Obama was a wimp for accepting the Iran Deal, and an outright queer for even entertaining talking to our "enemies." This same group is now pretending to be happy that the president of the US sitting down and talking with the biggest villain of all and considering de-nuclearizing the region.

Liberals that are anti-war, anti-empire, and pro-diplomacy are criticizing the president for sitting down (you know, engaging in diplomatic relations) with an "enemy." Though some are saying this COULD be a good thing, the details are just a bit blurry.

Both hypocrites, conservatives much more so.

Did you ignore the link I posted where, a few months ago, Kim promised to Yoon everything he just promised to Trump, but this time no one pressured him to agree to journalists or experts documenting the changes?

In many, many ways, this agreement is less than past agreements have been. Since NK breaks all their agreements, that doesn't really matter. Too bad Trump never negotiated any verification of these lesser promises.

Keep crying Joseph. Let the tears flow.

To all of the posters who are shitting on this summit (you know who you are).

Would you have preferred the Summit hadn't happen?

I would have preferred that the summit started from bottom and built it's way up.

Diplomats from NK, SK and the US work out what they want and what they are willing to exchange. Come up with a process to and timeline when for what will occur, when it will occur and how it would be verified.

Instead this was backwards as if it was 2 dictators feeling each out and accomplishing nothing except giving Kim propaganda to air.

This is the same group that has armed belligerence and iron fisted measures almost built into their DNA. The US should be the emperor of the world and that's just all there is to it. Diplomacy is for pussies and Obama was a wimp for accepting the Iran Deal, and an outright queer for even entertaining talking to our "enemies." This same group is now pretending to be happy that the president of the US sitting down and talking with the biggest villain of all.

Liberals that are anti-war, anti-empire, and pro-diplomacy are criticizing the president for sitting down (you know, engaging in diplomatic relations) with an "enemy." Though some are saying this COULD be a good thing, the details are just a bit blurry.

What are you on about? IF this deal is honoured, Trump used diplomacy in a way that no other president could. Give props when due. Trump might be an idiot in a lot of ways, but he is a world class deal maker (and always has been).

Did you ignore the link I posted where, a few months ago, Kim promised to Yoon everything he just promised to Trump, but this time no one pressured him to agree to journalists or experts documenting the changes?

In many, many ways, this agreement is less than past agreements have been. Since NK breaks all their agreements, that doesn't really matter. Too bad Trump never negotiated any verification of these lesser promises.

That was in the context of Trump attacking NK. For a week we all thought war was imminent. That was him playing his cards, and it worked. Kim folded because he (like everyone) assumed Trump is nuts (which he probably is in many ways).

I would have preferred that the summit started from bottom and built it's way up.

Diplomats from NK, SK and the US work out what they want and what they are willing to exchange. Come up with a process to and timeline when for what will occur, when it will occur and how it would be verified.

Instead this was backwards as if it was 2 dictators feeling each out and accomplishing nothing except giving Kim propaganda to air.

This method reflects the business world model, which is far more effective. Fix on general terms and sort out the details later.

Who cares what YOU would have preffered??? Lol.

But did you say that same thing about the right when they attacked Obama's Iran deal? Or criticized his attempt at normalizing relations with Cuba?

I actually applauded Obama's efforts in Cuba. The Cold War has been over for some time now.

In a thread about Obama's Legacy, I actually posted Obama's opening of relations with Cuba as one of the few things he did that I agreed with.

But did you say that same thing about the right when they attacked Obama's Iran deal? Or criticized his attempt at normalizing relations with Cuba?

The Iran deal was actually a bad deal, though, for quite a few reasons:

1. They let Iran keep their HWR - which is capable of producing the biproducts needed to create weaponry - Iran technically agreed to decommison it and use it only as a "research" center but the deal should've demanded the destruction of that site
2. Reducing of centrifuges should've been destruction of centrifuges. There's absolutely no reason the deal should allow Iran to enrich their own Uranium. If their goal was to really pursue energy they should have no problem with a third party selling them pre-enriched uranium at a discount. They US could've gave them the LWR needed and the process would've been entirely streamlined that Iran could have nuclear energy with no need to conduct their own material testing.
3. Iran has always been hostile to inspectors and reports have suggested they have no been entirely cooperative after the deal.
4. The US should've ended the sanctions AFTER a 2 year window in which Iran fully demonstrated cooperation. Instead, full cooperation has not been demonstrated but the US still sold Iran planes from boeing.

We simply don't know anything about the deal that may be coming with North Korea yet, so it's perfectly fine to be optimistic about/support this yet still be against the Iran deal.

I did agree with Obama normalizing relations with Cuba, though. That was a good move IMO.

It's so weird, I can't find details about this denuking anywhere. Does anyone know the time table, how we verify it, or if NK plans on opening up it's country to inspection at a certain point? As far as I can tell this was as intentionally vague as possible.

If they follow through, great. But I can't even find what we expect them to follow through on. If he keeps his nukes for 50 more years with the intentions of "eventually getting rid of them", wouldn't he still be abiding by the signed agreement?

Also anyone who isn't bothered by the " we have a special bond" and "he's very good to his people" is an idiot. This should've never been framed as a buddy-buddy hang out. The man is a dictator, who was threatening to destroy our country with nuclear weapons, repeatedly. Diplomacy doesn't require a leader be overly friendly with a man who threatened all of our lives.

But yeah if anyone can find these details for me, I would much appreciate it. I have a hard time believing there was no framework or time tables involved in the agreement at all. That would basically make the entire thing a publicity stunt.

Trump trolling Kim Jong Un.

Lol at the Photographer focusing on Kim!

Kim just looks so awkward you can really see he is not use to this Trump did really showed him hahahah.

These are the temporarily insane Trumptards, not conservatives.

This became verified fact after he announced he's above the law and 2nd Amendment supporters who also support Trump, chose him over the spirit of the constitution.

I remember a strange time when I was called a conservative because I thought welfare needed to be scaled back because of abuses, and criticized Obama for his foreign policy. Then half of America forgot everything that happened before 2010 and made a cartoon the president. Now I'm magically a butthurt lib.

This is the same group that has armed belligerence and iron fisted measures almost built into their DNA. The US should be the emperor of the world and that's just all there is to it. Diplomacy is for pussies and Obama was a wimp for accepting the Iran Deal, and an outright queer for even entertaining talking to our "enemies." This same group is now pretending to be happy that the president of the US sitting down and talking with the biggest villain of all and considering de-nuclearizing the region.

<TrumpWrong1>

There is no greater hypocrites in the political sphere than the anti-war left.

The anti-war left vaporized and disappeared the day Obama was elected.

I actually applauded Obama's efforts in Cuba. The Cold War has been over for some time now.

In a thread about Obama's Legacy, I actually posted Obama's opening of relations with Cuba as one of the few things he did that I agreed with.

But I'm sure you noticed the outrage from the right over Cuba. Did you point out how mentally deranged it was, and how they hate Obama more than they want peace?

It seems like people reserve harsh insults like that for opposing political parties, even when their own party is exactly the same way.

So your claim is that the only thing that came out of this is propaganda for Kim. Got it.

Back