Economy Trump hurting another industry.

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
Cruise ships can't go to Cuba. All these stocks are crashing.

Now, all of the cruise lines are left scrambling.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, which also includes Oceania and Regent Seven Seas, released the following statement: “We have ceased all calls to the country and are modifying previously scheduled sailings as appropriate. We thank our guests and travel partners for their patience as we navigate this unexpected, last-minute change, and we will of course continue to share information with them as soon as additional details become available.”

Carnival Cruise Line said in a statement, “Effective immediately, cruise ship travel is no longer allowed and we are required to cancel our visit to Havana. We have replaced our call to Havana with a replacement port to provide our guests with the best experience ashore.”

Carnival Sensation that sailed on June 3 would visit Cozumel instead of Havana for its Thursday port of call. The line is offering $100 on-board credit for guests.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...0190605-46do2o2soja3bmsry6md2ru5ai-story.html

chart.ashx

tgffl4b4rxtizf7uzqj7.jpg

Yes, because the pleasure cruise industry should dictate foreign policy

Find something better to be upset about. It's not hard.

TAMPA (WFLA) - Carnival Cruise line has canceled its trips to Cuba.

The move follows a move by the U.S. State Department on Tuesday announcing new restrictions for Americans traveling to the communist country.

The Department of State issued its advisory saying, "The United States took strong action to prevent U.S. travel to Cuba from enriching the Cuban military, security, and intelligence services by announcing new restrictions on authorized travel and vessels to the island.

Going forward, the United States will prohibit U.S. travelers from going to Cuba under the previous 'group people-to-people' educational travel authorization. In addition, the United States will no longer permit visits to Cuba via passenger and recreational vessels, including cruise ships and yachts, and private and corporate aircraft"

Carnival had one ship that had departed for Havana and the ship was diverted to another port of call.

Many travelers are disappointed by the move. Rick Clemo of Dunedin said he planned to travel to Cuba with friends.

"Well, I really wanted to try and immerse myself in the culture, the rum, everything that's going on, the old cars. It seemed like a really cool place to go," said Clemo.

Cruise lines are offering other ports of call for passengers, but that doesn't appeal to Clemo."I've been there, done that. It appeals to me but it's not going to replace. I'll probably cancel," said Clemo.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/carnival-cruise-line-cancels-trips-to-cuba/2055489415

Yes, because the pleasure cruise industry should dictate foreign policy

Find something better to be upset about. It's not hard.

What is the risk? It's the straw that broke the camels back. Just another section of the economy he fucked over.

I actually see an opportunity to buy here. He's still an idiot.

As a cruise lover I actually kind of wanted to take one of these so I could see Cienfuegos from the ocean (the most beautiful city Cuba has). Yet because I was born there there was some red tape...I couldn’t just head off like I usually do, I had to do excursions provided by the boat. I’m not sure how they would know I was born in Cuba but apparently they have a “list”

Anyways MUCH more beautiful Caribbean islands out there. You can always just do what everyone did in the 90’s and go through Canada for a Cuban vacation if you’re so inclined

Also it’s not helping that the docks these ship use technically belong to Americans who were told at gun point it wasn’t there’s anymore in 59......and these people are now suing

As a cruise lover I actually kind of wanted to take one of these so I could see Cienfuegos from the ocean (the most beautiful city Cuba has). Yet because I was born there there was some red tape...I couldn’t just head off like I usually do, I had to do excursions provided by the boat. I’m not sure how they would know I was born in Cuba but apparently they have a “list”

Anyways MUCH more beautiful Caribbean islands out there. You can always just do what everyone did in the 90’s and go through Canada for a Cuban vacation if you’re so inclined

That was part of the appeal, people haven't been able to go there until Obama. I think it is gonna cost Carnival like 5% in revenue. This is very significant for the industry.

By itself, I wouldn't care about this. But he has done it in all almost every economic sector and I am sick of it.

It reminds me of what they used to say about Patton. Old blood and guts." His guts,our blood." his soldiers said. Same thing here. Trump has the "guts" but the workers are the ones spilling blood.

Trump has no skin in the game.

Well they can just take the fat overindulging assholes to another Island.

Swing those boats around and let them have fun in the Dominican Republic.

Time for regime change in Cuba. After all John Bolton says they may have chemical weapons.. this is from 2002 so imagine now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/07/world/washington-accuses-cuba-of-germ-warfare-research.html

""
has at least a limited offensive biological warfare" program and may be transferring its expertise to other countries hostile to the United States.

"We are concerned that such technology could support biological warfare programs in those states," said Undersecretary of State John Bolton.""

Oh wait, you're the stock guy. How much did you lose?

Nothing at all. In fact, Carnival has gone up since I bought it this morning. These stocks were down big so I looked into why and I saw Trump sitting there. Even when I complain I am looking for opportunities. I'm up a few percent already.

Time for regime change in Cuba. After all John Bolton says they may have chemical weapons.. this is from 2002 so imagine now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/07/world/washington-accuses-cuba-of-germ-warfare-research.html

""
has at least a limited offensive biological warfare" program and may be transferring its expertise to other countries hostile to the United States.

"We are concerned that such technology could support biological warfare programs in those states," said Undersecretary of State John Bolton.""

I'm against regime changes but at least they would make some kind of sense in central and south america.

I am a big fan of cruises too. Last one we did was from Australia to Singapore (15 days) with Norwegian. We”re looking into an Alaska cruise at the end of July.

So why is the sky falling today in TDS land?

Cruise ships cant sale to Cuba.

Nearing rock bottom...

I'm against regime changes but at least they would make some kind of sense in central and south america.

My country has been engaging in regime change within Central and South America since the 1950s. It's the shit that got us into our current predicament. We propped up right wing leader after right wing leader, usually ousting democratically elected leaders in the process.

Back