• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trump deporting 60k Haitians

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Trump has revoked deportation protection for 60,000 Haitians. They have until 2019 to go back to Haiti.

These Haitians temporarily moved to the US after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, but were protected from being deported. That protection is being rescinded by the Trump administration.

In May, former Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, who now serves as White House chief of staff, extended the protection from deportation for Haitians for an additional six months. When Kelly temporarily extended the status for Haiti, which had received the designation after an earthquake devastated the island in 2010, he warned the nearly 58,700 recipients living in America to prepare their affairs for going back to Haiti or to find another way to apply to stay in the United States.
"Based on all available information, including recommendations received as part of an inter-agency consultation process, Acting Secretary Duke determined that those extraordinary but temporary conditions caused by the 2010 earthquake no longer exist," a statement from the Department of Homeland Security said. "Thus, under the applicable statute, the current TPS designation must be terminated."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/dhs-temporary-protected-status-haiti/index.html

Being a temporary resident sort of implies eventually leaving.

edit: bad post derailing thread

Last edited:
They have all been fleeing up here to Canada for several months now.

Little Haiti in Miami could be alleviated of the criminal element.

Temporary refugee status in wake of disaster. Disaster is over. Bye now.

What doesn't make sense about that?

Thousands have been coming to Canada just walking across the boarder illegally and are getting free social services and welfare. Fuck these people.

What a racist xenophobic nazi he is....

Guy's relax Canada will accept them with open arms.

Thousands have been coming to Canada just walking across the boarder illegally and are getting free social services and welfare. Fuck these people.

I can't blame them, I blame Canada instead.

I'm friends with a Mexican who Trump gave the boot to, he now works (illegally) in Canada while he tries to get his papers in order. I can't blame the guy for sauntering over to Canada, he's doing what's in the best interest of his family, I might do the same in his shoes. Canada is to blame, IMO, no one wants to go back to Haiti.

What's the problem? Temporary residents only have 9 years before going through the normal immigration process?

<{vega}>

lol

Trump just needs something to point at and say 'look, I'm doing something about immigration guys'

Meanwhile, where's the wall Trump?

I can't blame them, I blame Canada instead.

I'm friends with a Mexican who Trump gave the boot to, he now works (illegally) in Canada while he tries to get his papers in order. I can't blame the guy for sauntering over to Canada, he's doing what's in the best interest of his family, I might do the same in his shoes. Canada is to blame, IMO, no one wants to go back to Haiti.

They can go back to their own country. Their country is not in devastation or disaster anymore. They are taking advantage of the system in Canada, illegally walking over the boarder because they know they will get free social benefits and housing. Once Trudeau gets thrown out after the next election, it’s goung to be nice to see these scum getting thrown out. We are going to be securing our boarders very soon. People are getting tired of this.

Imminent Trudy press conference about taking them all <mma3>

On the real, was talking to this chick im friends with from Slovakia (sp) who's here on a school visa. She says getting legal citizenship to the US is a great big pain in the ass. They need to take a serious look at helping people come here legally that want to become citizens. It sounds like a nightmare currently.

Even if you're white btw

your country is nuts lol. cant do anything without half hating.

you should ban deport as you please to help country.

Last edited:
On the real, was talking to this chick im friends with from Slovakia (sp) who's here on a school visa. She says getting legal citizenship to the US is a great big pain in the ass. They need to take a serious look at helping people come here legally that want to become citizens. It sounds like a nightmare currently.

Even if you're white btw

And it should be a pain in the ass. It should not be easy for anyone to get citizenship to the greatest nation in the world. It should take time, and SHOULD be a pain in the ass period.

Back