Trump advisor backs off Trump's debt plan

MASShole

Get it?
@red
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/07/news/economy/trump-debt/index.html

When asked about the change in position, Malpass responded: "That was a long time ago and it was a very hard-fought primary campaign."

Also known as "He'll say anything outlandish at any given time."

His current tax and spending proposals would greatly add to -- not subtract from -- the national debt: Federal debt would rise by an estimated $11.5 trillion in the first decade alone, according to an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Budget.

I wonder if Trump will double down on eliminating the debt in 8 years, against what his advisor said, tomorrow when he unveils his "new" plan.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/07/news/economy/trump-debt/index.html

Also known as "He'll say anything outlandish at any given time."

I wonder if Trump will double down on eliminating the debt in 8 years, against what his advisor said, tomorrow when he unveils his "new" plan.
Gee who would have thought that bumping military spending and drastically reducing government revenues would cause debt?

The analysis itself takes it pretty easy on Trump too, estimating only 650 billion in new spending for the wall/immigration plus the military, and the veterans (veterans $ is obv needed though).

Gee who would have thought that bumping military spending and drastically reducing government revenues would cause debt?

The analysis itself takes it pretty easy on Trump too, estimating only 650 billion in new spending for the wall/immigration plus the military, and the veterans (veterans $ is obv needed though).
in fairness he was also going to take the oil out of the middle east and remittance payments to mexico.

Did trump seriously say that he would eliminate the debt in 8 years?

I mean, there's pandering and then there's treating your audience like retards.

don't forget other countries have to pay up to 100% of the cost to defend them… If he does that and reduces our 150 countries we have bases in to let's say "only" 30 countries we'll be getting closer to a sane foreign policy

don't forget other countries have to pay up to 100% of the cost to defend them… If he does that and reduces our 150 countries we have bases in to let's say "only" 30 countries we'll be getting closer to a sane foreign policy
I'd like to see many bases closed and hope they go the same way as the Philippines. Cheer as we leave and then go oh fuck now what?

republicans never talk about how cutting taxes increases debt. btw trump said he would also rebuild all our infrastructure, completely rebuild our military(to make the most powerful ever) and healthcare system. all while driving down our debt.

Did trump seriously say that he would eliminate the debt in 8 years?

I mean, there's pandering and then there's treating your audience like retards.
trump knows his audience.

Don't worry, maybe he'll follow Kansas and eliminate income tax for businesses. It worked out great for them....Oh wait.

Yeah, Kansas is looking so awesome to live in right now.

His tax plan coupled with the spending he supports (deportation, wall, military spending, etc.) is indefensible. I did hear Gengrich's lame defense that no president has a plan that balances the budget. I mean really dude wtf.

His tax plan coupled with the spending he supports (deportation, wall, military spending, etc.) is indefensible. I did hear Gengrich's lame defense that no president has a plan that balances the budget. I mean really dude wtf.

Gingrich's "facts vs feelings" interview was pretty awful too.

A few highlights

Trump was also set to end environmental regulations established by President Barack Obama, seek to restart the Keystone XL pipeline project, and withdraw the U.S. from the Paris climate agreement, according to an outline of his speech his campaign provided.

He will also confirm his opposition to free trade plans, calling for withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

a moratorium on government regulations, a proposal to make childcare expenses fully tax deductible, and other proposals his campaign argued will benefit the middle class.

Trump's new proposal would more than halve the number of income tax brackets and reduce rates across the board to 12%, 25% and 33%. That's higher than the 0%, 10% and 20% brackets he proposed last year along with a 25% rate on top earners.

So, screw the environment, more tax breaks for the wealthy, fuck trade agreements (even though we benefit from them).

I can't wait to see the bipartisan economics analysis on this.

Oh god. As someone with a modest background on the field I find this a lot more offensive than anything he has said before. Even the shit about the Gold Star family, POWs, Mexicans, women... all vile shit but this is on a whole other level.

Unlike Ryan or Romney, Trump doesn't even know enough about the subject to lie plausibly.

But, it's kind of like how scamming emails intentionally include misspellings and general bad grammar to weed out non-idiots.

Not as insane as his original plan to tax the highest income bracket 25%, but still still pretty crazy.

How will Trump gonna solve Murica's debt? He just would.

Take that Democrats!!

Back