True or False: Pettis got lucky loses to Thompson 9/10 times

True, but only if you're a biased shitfan

Thompson beat Pettis up the whole fight, Pettis landed the lucky shot and took Thompson out.

If they fought 10 times, would you agree that Thompson wins 9/10 times
No because that would entail him doing something 9 times in a row that he couldn't do in the 1 chance he got.

It's on Wonderboy to prove he is better. Pettis has a 100% win rate against Wonderboy and that's all that matters.

Also, you exaggerate how one-sided the fight was. 10-9 close first round that WB clearly won then knocked dead in the 2nd round.

I believe Pettis could do it again.

Thompson beat Pettis up the whole fight, Pettis landed the lucky shot and took Thompson out.

If they fought 10 times, would you agree that Thompson wins 9/10 times
It wasn't luck, but if Pettis and Thompson fight 10 times, Thompson wins 9 out of 10.

475DC548-05C3-4825-B84F-5E9FE3C23B87.gif 843639C7-4B69-44C5-A000-E8287CFD4A18.png C2E9B1AD-8B9C-4834-B21E-42A38BD52B5F.png D6154114-C521-4615-9D98-07481C2F5753.png A49762DE-C924-4E53-AFC3-3A8C6106C12D.gif

They’re only fighting once, and Pettis is 1-0. That is all that matters.

Wonderboy made a mistake and pettis capitilized. The replay makes this clear. He misses a kick and pettis pounces on the opening.

Probably 7/10 times. Pettis did get lucky. Everyone acting like it was some calculated game plan forget thr countless times he’s tried the exact same punch and missed entirely or hit his opponent and didn’t hurt them. Its a fight, Pettis knocked out wonderboy

Probably loses most times out of 10 but there's no luck involved in him taking Wonderboy's shots and staying in the fight. We'd just as well say that Pettis was lucky every time a Wonderboy strike didn't knock him out. That's a lot of luck.

Pettis knocked him right out and that's what stands. There's no if, ands or buts about it.

I believe Thompson would win a rematch yes but it wasn't luck. Anthony aimed that's punch and threw it. It landed.
Do I believe it will happen again? No. It was a 1 in a million situation. Wonderboy had a lapse in judgement which he never usually does.hes usually almost always is in the correct position in the correct stance at the correct time.this time he wasn't, he was wide open and caught cold with no way out at the time Pettis hammered him.

He was out of position because Pettis wrecked his legs with kicks. Not a "lapse of judgment".

I believe Thompson would win a rematch yes but it wasn't luck. Anthony aimed that's punch and threw it. It landed.
Do I believe it will happen again? No. It was a 1 in a million situation. Wonderboy had a lapse in judgement which he never usually does.hes usually almost always is in the correct position in the correct stance at the correct time.this time he wasn't, he was wide open and caught cold with no way out at the time Pettis hammered him.
Do you watch older boy fights or just listen to commentary? He has terrible striking defense, zero head movement, hands low, nd uses feet and kicks for almost all his defense. PEttis exploited those flaws in Wonderboys game.

I didn't expect Pettis to land that KO, but said during the play by play that Pettis was doing beautiful and subtle defensive work that many people weren't praising as they saw Wonderboy landing the harder shot. But Wonderboy would go low, Pettis would check. Woderboy would go high, Pettis would hunch his shoulders over his chin and make a shield with his arms. It looked and sounded like Thompson was landing a lot of much heavier blows, but Pettis was largely correctly blocking them (the redness in his shoulders that the commentators mentioned was evidence of this). Pettis on the other hand was landing a lot of slightly smaller shots that Thompson wasn't bothering to block, whether leg kicks or punches (Thompson's thighs were visibly bruised), which led to damage that Thompson wasn't really considering (he said post-fight that he didn't feel Pettis' power) but that was happening. Pettis was protecting himself while building damage while Wonderboy was leaving himself open and taking it.

I also called pre-fight that those thinking the size difference would be too much might be a bit surprised. Pettis had just beat Chiesa and nearly beat Tony. Chiesa is now a WW, and Tony could easily be one. He'd recently won or been competitive with WW sized guys. And Pettis' problem has never been size. It's been wrestling and pressure. Wonderboy is a counter striker who doesn't wrestle. This was going to be a skill for skill, mindset to mindset match.

That said, I still expected Thompson to win. I and many others thought he was the uncrowned king at WW. Huge win for Pettis, and first man ever to stop him instead of a controversial decision.

Last edited:
False

Pettis has quite a few highlight reel finishes. What’s surprising was that this time it was against an opponent who had never been knocked out before.

another sherdog size queen who has never trained

the whole 'lucky punch' thing is a myth
the truth is that pettis is the GOAT ufc striker and hits harder than guys who could fight at 205
wonderman got too comfortable against a just bleed savage like pettis who wants to fight to the very end of the round

yeah i agree, people can shit on me all they want but wonderboy was clearly better, was outclassing him easily, pettis was only having success with some leg kicks.

i'm not gonna call it a " fluke " or " lucky ", just that pettis probably knew he was losing and decided to throw something weird and it landed, it's whatever.

just really weird how these 2 top 5 WW's get knocked out cold by these LW gatekeepers back to back.

False, not with WB having his hands down like that on a regular....

Last edited:
The competition in the ufc is stiff, if you ran most fights back 10 times you'd be closer to 6:4 or 5:5 than most people realize

Back