True or false: McGregor

if he beats khabib and tony back to back i would agree with him being an unusually talented champion-caliber fighter, as opposed to the subpar-to-average one he currently is.

He's going to. And they will market the hell out of it when they run out of narratives.

Never. Khabib will put him in his place which is barely beating mediocre LW fighters like Diaz. LW belt is sealed as long as Khabib GOAT is champ.
Diaz, mediocre?

if he beats khabib and tony back to back i would agree with him being an unusually talented champion-caliber fighter, as opposed to the subpar-to-average one he currently is.
Conor is subpar to average?

Damn, Sherdoggers have incredibly high standards. Diaz is a very good lightweight (not quite elite, but long term top 10).

Conor is clearly an excellent fighter. Maybe not as good as his most ardent supporters suggest, but he’s up there. He’s beaten too many good fighters not to be very good himself, at minimum. If he beats Khabib and (or?) Tony then Conor is a truly rare talent, as opposed to an elite fighter.

Conor won't ever put anything on the line

He'll try to win new belts when he can then run away for years between fights
The Clipshow speaks truth as always.

Conor is subpar to average?

Specifically relative to other LW champions? Absolutely. Looking just at fighting accomplishments he hasn't done anything to actually stand out from guys like Edgar, Penn, or Benson. Don't get caught up in the popularly or entertaining style. Look at the facts objectively.

I hope not...
The hate and salt on sherdog is fking brilliant lol

Specifically relative to other LW champions? Absolutely. Looking just at fighting accomplishments he hasn't done anything to actually stand out from guys like Edgar, Penn, or Benson. Don't get caught up in the popularly or entertaining style. Look at the facts objectively.
Winning titles in two divisions is what makes him stand out from those guys. Not to mention the list of killers he has beat.

It's funny because you all act like Conor's vacating titles was due to him being scared

It was all to do with money...
For the purpose of this discussion, it doesn't matter why. There are different forms of cowardice / being scared. For Mcgregor it is losing a title (bruising his ego) which I find really funny because his fanboys consider ducking a defense and taking some other fight as amazing.

Gotcha, you’re talking achievements and at LW specifically. That’s totally fair.

Back