TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

1st two episodes looked ok. Atmosphere is on par with the 1st season.. but I feel like all this jumping around is going to be a bit of a crutch and the cops love-backstory has been done to death. I don’t give a shit about his marriage and so on. They did this in season 1 which was fine, but finding another way to do this type of thing feels forced a bit imo. We’ll see. Maybe it gets better.

Episode 1 was already better than all the other annoying shit TV shows nowadays. I miss quality shows like this.

The first 2 episodes so far this season is good, Can’t wait to watch next week
Btw, I liked season 2, and thought Vince Vaughn was a bad ass

first 2 episodes were really good, just one protagonist makes this easier to follow

Decent first 2 episodes. Nothing that wow'd me but nothing that put me off either. I'm not fully invested after 2 episodes like I was in S1 but I'm optimistic.

Good start except there doesn’t seem to be much development of anyone but the main guy so far.

Wasn’t Stephen Dorph the spokesman for E cigs? He’s had to have smoked at least a full carton so far in this.

I really liked the first two episodes. Atmosphere is great. Mahershala Ali does a great job, particularly as the older version. There's a lot of cues they took from season one to frame this season, but it feels a lot more subdued compared to season 1 and 2. I'm fine with that.

I am looking forward to S3. I did not mind the 2nd season but there were too many characters and the dialog was sooooo drawn out. I thought Vince Vaughan did a fine job with his lines but they were ridiculous (from what I remember anyway). I thought he portrayed his character well they wrote it poorly.

Just watched the first ep...

Well, that was fucking excellent.

God I’ve missed this show.

tenor.gif

Lol@cheesy dialogue

Name another tv show that went that far with nihilism/pessimism philosophy

lol, Cohle was the only character that espoused 'nihilism/pessism philisophy' and his best lines were just rip offs of Ligotti and alan Moore works.

nic pizzaface is a hack writer through and through

Pro True Detective fan tip:

I’m doing the same thing this year I did for season 2: namely, I keep a notepad next to me when I watch the show. As things happen, I jot down notes. Not every minute, just main things here & there. Names, events, years. Like I said I did this for season 2 as well, and I found it helped immensely, for me to follow the nitty-grittys of the plot & enjoy the show much more. It’s also kinda fun, in a ‘follow along with the home game, junior detectives!’ kinda way.

I'm really enjoying Dorff in this. Hope his character isn't just in the 1980s portion of the show and plays a decent size part throughout the season.

lol, Cohle was the only character that espoused 'nihilism/pessism philisophy' and his best lines were just rip offs of Ligotti and alan Moore works.

nic pizzaface is a hack writer through and through

What's your point?

I'm really enjoying Dorff in this. Hope his character isn't just in the 1980s portion of the show and plays a decent size part throughout the season.

The preview for episode 3 showed old Dorff in modern day.

Back