Truckers

I spent most of this year as an over the road truck driver. Most of the bigger companies govern their trucks to 65 and under so the owner operators that can go as fast as they want like to pass the slow company vehicles.

They also like to give the companies drivers shit at the truck stops for going so slow and not being able to falsify their logs like they can.

I'm glad I'm out of it and found a local trucking job at home. It's really stressful and you literally have no life but driving, sleeping, and waiting. Also, there's so many bad drivers out there, it's shocking.

Worked at a place that ran out of a crucial chemical. Ordered two semi's from Georgia to come up instead of ordering a rail car full of the product.

They were two old black dudes, both missing most their teeth, both had thick accents you couldn't hardly understand. Funny as hell.

Truckers are some interesting/scary people.

A lot of times trucks are carrying close to 80k lbs and come up on a slower moving truck without time to switch lanes due to another vehicle that is beside them in the fast lane. Obviously they have to slow down and wait for the car to get out of the way. By the time they switch lanes and start to pass, it takes a minute to get back up to speed. An 80,000lb truck doesn't accelerate like a 1500lb car.

And the 30 seconds you had to wait to get around the truck is a small consolation for all of the assholes that pull out in front of them, cut them off, nearly side swipe them while talking or texting on their fucking phones, etc.

I dont like to generalize occupations. I have had alot of bad shit happen with truckers and normal idiots on the road driving regular vehicles.

Today though I was in the fast lane going 80 mph which is pretty normal here. A cement truck pulled in front of me(in the fast lane) going no more than 40 mph for no reason. I literally had to slam my brakes and got almost sideways before being able to correct myself and move into the next lane. He wasnt avoiding anything and had no right to be in that lane. Funny thing was a CHP saw this shit probably from 1/4 mile back and the truck got pulled over.

Hook me up with some trucker fuel.
dammit

I guess I should have just singled out that one trucker, rather than generalizing their profession.

I can respect what they do and the sacrifices they make. I understand it is just 30 seconds out of my day it just annoys me. It would be like someone cutting in front of me at Walmart (which just being there already pisses me off.) checking out... shit would just annoy me.

Lol at everyone going on about cutting them slack. Yes, they have a tough job and have to put up with a lot of crap but they also dish out a lot of crap. Regular vehicles can do a lot of things that can make it dangerous for them. But, again, you constantly see them doing dangerous things and not giving a crap either. It's pretty even. There isn't a need for pity.

I guess I should have just singled out that one trucker, rather than generalizing their profession.

I can respect what they do and the sacrifices they make. I understand it is just 30 seconds out of my day it just annoys me. It would be like someone cutting in front of me at Walmart (which just being there already pisses me off.) checking out... shit would just annoy me.

It's not just the wait time. Truckers clogging up lanes and bunching cars up can make things more dangerous for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back