Triangle from mount

Jaggulat1on

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how many of you guys use this? anyone else like applying triangles from other positions cept the guard?

Myself I use this alot, it's almost sickening how easy it is to apply.
I havnt been taught to do this from mount, it came by itself one day when we were grappling. Once you get your knee on one of his biceps youre bound to get it in tight.

Jaggulat1on said:
how many of you guys use this? anyone else like applying triangles from other positions cept the guard?

Myself I use this alot, it's almost sickening how easy it is to apply.
I havnt been taught to do this from mount, it came by itself one day when we were grappling. Once you get your knee on one of his biceps youre bound to get it in tight.
I am familiar with the triangle from the mount, but please describe the knee on bicep

infamous mattyd said:
I am familiar with the triangle from the mount, but please describe the knee on bicep

its probably just from my bad english.. but thats teh first move i do from mount when im going for the triangle, i push my knee up on my opponents biceps to secure that arm. then i step up and go for the triangle

pardon my english its teh suck

the way i do it is i grab their arm and i actually fall back with it . . . then apply it as i am falling back. most people probably know what ur going for when u go for the triangle setup straight in mount, but if you grab the arm, fall back and as u fall back do it, they will be more surprised i think.

There's also a way of appliying a reverse triangle from scarf hold.

I do the knee to the bicep a lot too and then go for the triangle from mount. But that was when I didn't have nerve damage....

I love triangles from any position. The mount one is good though.

Triangle from mount works well. Just dont do it in the street. They guy will rip your balls off with this teeth. Also please explain more details about how you get into it. Thx.

Foul Breath said:
Triangle from mount works well. Just dont do it in the street. They guy will rip your balls off with this teeth. Also please explain more details about how you get into it. Thx.

why is it when someone is talking about a decent move that is fun to apply there always has to be the guy who starts talking about "the streets". this was about technique and how to apply it. if i was in a position during a fight to apply the triangle, wouldn't i also be in a position to jam a thumb into an eye or something as heinous?

there really needs to be a street fighting forum so everyone inclined to pipe up with these "yeah but would it work in the streets" could go there.

batman69 said:
why is it when someone is talking about a decent move that is fun to apply there always has to be the guy who starts talking about "the streets". this was about technique and how to apply it. if i was in a position during a fight to apply the triangle, wouldn't i also be in a position to jam a thumb into an eye or something as heinous?

there really needs to be a street fighting forum so everyone inclined to pipe up with these "yeah but would it work in the streets" could go there.

Sorry, couldnt resist. I just have a phobia about keeping my balls where they are. (jabbing a thumb into the eye just makes the opponents jaws clamp harder). But anyway, yes its a fun move. Please descibe how you like to get into it. Thanks matie.

Foul Breath said:
You don't know how to use the move and yet you shoot it down?

Anyways, yeah. I love it. People never see it coming, so once it does... bam!

BabyPhenom said:
There's also a way of appliying a reverse triangle from scarf hold.

I like it from the mount ok, but in judo i find myself in the scarf hold more. So how do you do it?

monkey roll said:
I like it from the mount ok, but in judo i find myself in the scarf hold more. So how do you do it?

boo i dont even know what the scarf hold means and i train judo :(

you can do it if you have their back also, just jam a leg in there and you got an reversed triangle

If you dont get the triangel you get the omoplata or the amrbar... Very good move

Scarf Hold is kesa gatame in judo.

I am also interested in how to set up a triangle from this position.

I am new to BJJ after training judo. I find judo pins easy to get in BJJ class, but they do me no good if I can't transition to a sub of some kind.

batman69 said:

Thank you! I've been just as agitated about this as you lately. We desperately need a SF forum.

I just got a reverse triangle the other day (it was sweet), though it wasn't from the scarf hold. I was being side mounted, and my partner put me in the wrestler's cradle, where they tie up one of your legs with their arm.

It was quite an easy transition to it from this position, and I surprised my opponent (and myself) with how quickly I got it.

Commissar said:
You don't know how to use the move and yet you shoot it down?
I never said I didnt know how to use it. I just asked batman how HE gets into it. I dont get into it by knee on bicip. I kinda snkeak it in if he tries to sit up.

Back