triangle against big opponents

I used to wear "Husky " sizes ..

But now I am almost impossible to choke

i dunno there is a blue belt in my class who lets you get the triangle on him just so he can turn you over hes got as joe rogan would say "retarted strength"

id say throw the triangle out there just as a setup for a sweep or armbar or omoplata if you cant close it.

Hook the back of their knee, pull yourself towards that knee and hold their head down or move round to the side of their head so your groin is pointing towards their ear and your leg triangle is by their shoulder. Controlling the head is most important of all as usual as where the head goes, the body goes so make sure you are keeping their head down so they have less chance of posturing up and out.

Triangles are harder to get on bigger guys but it will work, don't get discouraged. When putting a triangle on someone, make sure to tighten it first. If it's loose, someone could just slip out of it or defend it easily. You need to grab your leg and make it tight. After it's tight, make sure he isn't trying to stand up and slam you, or get you out of position. You need to keep him down by grabbing his leg and using your hips to push him down. It's hard for me to explain it to you on the internet, but I hope you have some kind of idea of what I'm trying to say....Okay, now you need to push his head down and squeeze your thighs together while pushing his arm across.

Triangle from guard

http://www.fightingmaster.com/articles/guard_triangle/triangle.htm

Set up to another move from Triangle

http://bjj.org/techniques/erintoughill/bjj2/

http://bjj.org/techniques/jen/tech2/

Air Triangle Choke

http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/cruz/

Corey123 said:
Triangles are harder to get on bigger guys but it will work, don't get discouraged. When putting a triangle on someone, make sure to tighten it first. If it's loose, someone could just slip out of it or defend it easily. You need to grab your leg and make it tight. After it's tight, make sure he isn't trying to stand up and slam you, or get you out of position. You need to keep him down by grabbing his leg and using your hips to push him down. It's hard for me to explain it to you on the internet, but I hope you have some kind of idea of what I'm trying to say....Okay, now you need to push his head down and squeeze your thighs together while pushing his arm across.

i dunno man, i think some guys are just too big to be triangled. unless you've got legs like anderson silva. :D

I hate to break this to those who think anybody can do a triangle, and anybody can be triangled.....Sorry, it doesn't always work. Yes, there are other ways to finish somebody with a "triangle guard" as i call it (an unclosed triangle), many of which were mentioned above, and some that were not. But as a guy that's about 5'10" myself with extremely muscular legs and a stocky 210lb build, there is no way i'm going to lock a triangle down on a resisting opponent that has some good size to him. I can finish in other ways, so i don't really complain about it much. But for a guy with longer, skinny legs to just say, "oh, you just have to change a few things and it can work on anybody"......Wrong!

Sometimes my legs will barely fit around the neck/shoulders, and even if the person is not resisting and letting me shift my hips to the side to get a good angle i can't do it. So, therefore i've just come up with many adapted ways to take advantage of a "triangle guard"

personally...iam a fairly short limbed guy so i wouldnt attempt a leg triangle on a person my size or bigger, because they would be able to bust it easier. if you have longer shins it doesnt matter who you slap the triangle on you should be able to lock it in easier. i dont know your body compsition but thats my standing on the issue.

oh yeah also, i have been sinking in leg triangles from full mount lately, the key for those is to let them put themselves into the position then bust out your technique...much like all aspects of BJJ...

Back