• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Travel Ban Takes Effect, Left Immediately Goes Back, To The Same Liberal Judges

There will likely be a strict constitutionist riding that chair.

What a dumb fucking post.

There is no such thing as "strict constitutionalism." They're all constitutional experts.

Originalism and textualism have been jokes among constitutional scholars for decades because they're pretty blatantly a front for reactionary social traditionalism and right-wing partisanship.

Frankly, Clarence Thomas is the only real textualist in modern history, and he's easily the least intelligent jurist in Supreme Court history.

when you finally find out that you weren't winning because you're correct, but because you've cherry-picked 100% liberal judges.

and then the Supreme Court pimp-smacks you out of your delusion.

Dang, you can wax-poetic.

i don't need to justify anything.

i've been right about this for almost a year, & i'm just dancing on the liberals' grave now.

You aren't smart. Do not delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Those fanatic liberals were right on the order's first iteration and such was affirmed, and I'm sure you were illiterately screeching about dem librul judges then too.

I don't think many liberals thought the court would strike this version. Liberal scholars all expected it to pass. It's silly, purposeless red meat for racists, but it's constitutional within its four corners. The only thing that urged otherwise was extrinsic evidence from dumb shit Trump.

You do realize the travel ban was also shut down by a conservative judge in Washington, right?

false.

your using this logic : appointed by a GOP pres = conservative

but the facts are : appointed by a GOP pres [not=] conservative

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/sup...rumps-travel-ban-to-go-fully-into-effect.html

This is another win for President Trump. A safer country is a good thing.

3zIp2Eu.png

hello there uppercutbus,

i am unclear why you'd feel safer.

has there been an outbreak of incidents where these foreign born immigrants have committed violent crimes here in our prosperous and bountiful country?

actually, have any refugees from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen been convicted of a terrorist act on US soil?

- IGIT

false.

your using this logic : appointed by a GOP pres = conservative

but the facts are : appointed by a GOP pres [not/=] conservative

Right. Becuase G.W. appointed liberal judges.

you're not educated.

see the " blue-slip " policy.

Let's be real. You consider any judge that disagrees with you a "liberal". The Judge in question(Judge Robart), was confirmed 99-0, at a time when the GOP had control of the senate. A Senate held by conservatives thought he was a good judge(many of those senators being lawyers). Yet, now that he makes a decision you disagree with, he is not a conservative?

Also, you have yet to explain how a resident of Hawaii requesting an injunction and filing in Hawaii's district court is judge shopping.

Last edited:

You realize that was affirmed and the administration had to go back to the drawing board bc the order was an administrative and procedural mess and made explicit mention of bona fide unconstitutional grounds (religion ) that the administration edited out on its own volition to make it constitutional.....right?

You're basically just saying reality is "lies," which is cool and expected, but not all that persuasive.

hello there uppercutbus,

i am unclear why you'd feel safer.

has there been an outbreak of incidents where these foreign born immigrants have committed violent crimes here in our prosperous and bountiful country?

actually, have any refugees from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen been convicted of a terrorist act on US soil?

- IGIT
Somalia yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University_attack

You realize that was affirmed and the administration had to go back to the drawing board bc the order was an administrative and procedural mess and made explicit mention of bona fide unconstitutional grounds (religion ) that the administration edited out on its own volition to make it constitutional.....right?

You're basically just saying reality is "lies," which is cool and expected, but not all that persuasive.
Prophet is a partisan hack, and a low quality poster. Sad.

Let's be real. You consider any judge that disagrees with you a "liberal". The Judge in question(Judge Robart), was confirmed 99-0, at a time when the GOP had control of the senate.

again, see the " blue-slip " policy.

You realize that was affirmed and the administration had to go back to the drawing board bc the order was an administrative and procedural mess and made explicit mention of bona fide unconstitutional grounds

false.

Last edited:
liberals really thought they were winning these cases, because their position was right.

but 100% of these cherry-picked judges were liberals.

every year duke basketball plays north carolina basketball.

imagine if duke started picking all duke-alumni refs, for every one of these games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back