training problom

tapouttazz9

White Belt
Reaction score
I feel like I'm not learning at a fast enuff rate. It's confusing because most of the day Im thinking about Bjj or watching or training it. I try to go 2 to 3 times a week but I feel like other people are getting way better then I am in half the time it takes me. Now its causing me to not be motivated enuff to go to class, and has me worried about my training. I feel stuck and dont no what to do. I entered a compition and it starts in only 30 days I wana finally be the one to come home placing in the top 3

Do you just go to the standard (as far as I can tell) two one-hour classes a week?

You live by the sword and you die by the sword!

Basically if you gauge your improvement by being better than your training partners, you will always feel down when they are better than you.

Take a step, think of it a different way.

They are your training partner, your teamates, it is not a competition between you and them.

It is about improving yourself one step at a time.

My gym is mainly a muay Thai gym, they have 5 Bjj classes a week. But I can go a max 4 out of five I try to go at least 3 times a week tho. It's hard when your also balancing 2 part time jobs. I'm just sick of not being the one to be coming back to class with out Evan one compition win let alone medal. Iv done 2 compition now and I have had 3 matches and every one was lost. Our school is not a traditional school we are taught by a blue belt. He is very good tho placing in every comp he competes in and our school does well at evry comp as a hole bringing back at least 4 to 5 medals all the time

Back