Training problems!! Let me know whatu think!!??

grapplereljbee

White Belt
Reaction score
Forgive me if i post this to the wrong spot!! I have actually been reading Sherdog for sometime now.. maybe like the last 2 years but i have been following mma for like 6-7 years now. Anyways.. heres my problem. About 2 1/2 years ago, a trainer/instructor came to our neck of the woods and started a BJJ class. It was very cool, cause a good number of us actually got to learn some BJJ. I think he was a purple or brown belt, i cant remember. But the class was very fun in the beginning. We must have had around 30 guys coming out like twice a week. The trouble started after about 6-7 months. There were a few guys who felt they "knew it all"!! THey thought they were better than the instructor!! This created alot of tension between the insructor and the "know-it-alls"!! So what happened in the end was that our class finally split up. Our instructor ended up leaving elsewhere and this left alot of us with no where to go. What happened next is that a few of us would get together and workout with what we knew, we would buy books, and dvd's and train with those materials. Some other people ended up not training at all anymore. Those guys that started the feuds ended up training on their own as well. So next thing that happens with this saga is that those of us that ended up training on our own, the guys that started the feud want us to train with them. We tried training with them but they a really bad attitudes with BJJ. They feel as if it is a macho thing, like theyre the absolute best ever! We just train to learn and just love the fact that we cant try to learn the art. A few of us competed in tournaments as well as the other guys. Now lately our instructor has come around again and only will let us train with him when hes around. The other guys must not like this and just bad mouth him all the time. They say how much better they are than him as well as us. Anyways, this situation is just bad. We never meant for anything to be like this but because of a few bad apples in the bunch, seems like our wanting to train and get better is only causing more problems. We always invite people to workout with us and they love training with us. When them other guys invite people they usually dont like training with them. They like roll with people who are beginners and have their way with them. And afterwards they talk about how great they are. The people usually come to us and say we dont like training with them anymore and usually end up training with us. We always tell them the same thing, leave your egos at the door and just come have a good time training. We never try to make anyone look bad, we're always willing to show what we know to anyone. Afterall, BJJ is very fun to learn, and to train. Its not about attitude or machoness. So anyways, the reason i posted this is because i wanted to know if there were other people out there that have encountered this same situation of something similar?? I'd love to hear your input on this subject. I would like to know how you would deal with it and such. Thank you so much for your honest opinions and comments.

First learn to use paragraphs. Then half of your problems will be solved...

Why didn't your purple or brown belt instructor just crush those punks? It seems to me like that would have nipped that problem in the bud.

Why didn't your purple or brown belt instructor just crush those punks? It seems to me like that would have nipped that problem in the bud.

X2

Usually guys like that get hurt cuz they dont want to tap to someone they feel is inferior or they quit because there ego takes a thrashing

cliff notes please... The lack of paragraphs hurts my eyes

Back