Training problem

GarouMAX

Souled
Reaction score
I practice Muay Thai, but at the moment I don't really have any real place to train. There is this one place where I can get sparring partners, but the thing is, they all weigh about 100kg, while I only weigh about 68 kg (that's a little less than 155lbs I believe). Also, I'm not trying to brag, but I am a lot better technically than they are, while they are physically a lot more powerful. I'm also frequently injured as a result of sparring with these guys.

I also feel that I may get so used to fighting bigger slower guys, that a guy my weight with a lot of speed may overwhelm me. My other option is this other gym that has a spacious, empty room with a great looking heavy bag. If I were to choose that option, then I would basically be training on my own, until I can one day be reunited with my Coach, who is in another country.

So, what do you guys think I should do considering the options that are currently available to me? I hope I didn't write too much, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...

There is a really good Kyokushin gym that I know of, with lots of sparring partners my weight and a good teacher. I was thinking I coULd just train there for now, and travel to Thailand to train whenever I have a vacation (that option is available to me). But I'm not a Karate fighter, I'm a Thaiboxer, so I'm a little reluctant to do that just yet. Thanks again for all your future help.

train with the big guys until your coach returns, it's better than training on your own.

Forget that, train at the Kyokushin dojo! You'll get intruduced to a totally different realm of fighting, and learn a lot. Plus, you may find some ways to possibly strengthen some weaknesses in your MT game, while returning the favour to your Kyokushin training partners.

Just run a search and check out some of the Kyokushin videos that have been posted. Those guys are bad asses.

Back