Training of Pauli Malignaggi

ambertch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Since I didn't see him in the Training of the Pro's sticky, Pauli Malignaggi. Captured the IBF junior welterweight title, fighting Hatton next.

YouTube - Paul Malignaggi Training

This guy is pure speed. And he runs his mouth a mile a minute, he should fight PBF just so we can witness the glorious shittalking smacktalking that will ensue haha

Getting his ass kicked by Cotto, but shows incredible toughness and gameness. Gets a bad cut in the first round and also jaw gets broken, but still goes the whole fight
YouTube - Miguel Cotto vs Paul Malignaggi R1-2

Winning the title from Lovemore Ndou
YouTube - Paulie Malignaggi vs. Lovemore Ndou HL VIDEO

I've never really seen him fight, actually i've seen clips, he kinda carries his left low. I guess i'll watch that highlight.

As much as i hate guido lookin motherfuckers. I still give him his dues as fighter for getting down with a broken jaw and hand.

check the sticky's bro. Malignaggi is already there

he's under various contenders

Paul is slick and skilled, but couldn't crack an egg.

Does his lack of punching power hinder him that much? I mean, slicksters can still do some damage with proper placement. Or is his level of competition just really hardheaded?

Yeah, my coach just really likes him because they both won NY GG , and like 8 years ago or something he went back to Gleason's to visit he was told there was an up and coming kid from the same neighborhood as him who resembled my coach (both sicilian) in his amateur days in the 80's. Turns out that kid is Malignaggi!

His sparring partner got pretty roughed up. lol.

Malignaggi is a very slick boxer but lacks KO power.

yeah the magic man is sweet but seriously he has soft bones, he breaks his hands almost evey fight has had like 5 surgeries to repair them never throws his right because of it... its sad his genetics are hindering him. if he could get his right off more he'd be knocking motherfuckers out left and right with his combos dudes got sick talent also check out hbo for his documentary "The Magic Man" it tells the story of Paulie and his brothers childhood abuse and whatnot aswell as leading up to the Cotto fight and the first Ndou fight good shit.... btw WTF was he thinking with the micro dreads in the Ndou rematch?

If Pauli could hit harder he would be one of the greats.

I'm not really into boxing, is he great because he can 'score' with his speed in win the fights?

How would that translate to lets say thai boxing if he going to pepper guys like that? We mostly do short but powerful combination's.

i can't get over the guido look but would love to see him fight hatton or my boy tony

I'm not really into boxing, is he great because he can 'score' with his speed in win the fights?

How would that translate to lets say thai boxing if he going to pepper guys like that? We mostly do short but powerful combination's.

I don't understand your question. Does his Boxing style translate to Muay Thai? Very few Boxing styles actually do. Does he score when he punches people? Yes that's the whole point of Boxing, just like in Muay Thai you'd score with punches, knees, elbows, or kicks.

I rather can't stand him, especially since I found that he lost or tied against Ngoudjou but his speed is very very sweet.

Lets not get carried away

his technique and style didnt look all too crisp in the highlight. But maybe im not seeing him at his best??

eh..GSP is not impressed. But w/e hes still a pro Guido..must be doing somethin right.

his technique and style didnt look all too crisp in the highlight. But maybe im not seeing him at his best??

eh..GSP is not impressed. But w/e hes still a pro Guido..must be doing somethin right.

PM2.jpg

cotto015.jpg

Back