Training in Thailand..

EvilElmo

White Belt
Reaction score
I have had a quick search, but havn't found much.

I am looking at training with Fairtek. Are there any other places I should look into? Whats it like? Is it worth it? How can a foreigner make money while over there?

Cheers :)

Fairtex is the best, or so I hear. Not that expensive either.

teach English,

also be sure not to touch a Thai person on the top of their head, even kidding around,
they believe it's sacred.

www.lannamuaythai.com

www.muaythailand.com

i am currently living in thailand Chiang mai and training at lanna muay thai. if you have any more specific questions fire away but those ones like "is it worth it" is way to personal and i cant tell if it will good for you.

you should only go train in thailand if you are serious about muay thai, if you have already trained for a few years and if you are able to handle/catch up with a bad ass workout, sparring etc routine.

myrtle said:
www.lannamuaythai.com

www.muaythailand.com

i am currently living in thailand Chiang mai and training at lanna muay thai. if you have any more specific questions fire away but those ones like "is it worth it" is way to personal and i cant tell if it will good for you.

Is what MuayThai King true? I have no background in stand up, although when I plan on going I will have about 6months experiance.
What is the food like in the area?
How much would it cost for accomodation outside the compound or is it worth it to live inside the compound?
If I was to stay for a year, would training costs get subsidised? And if I continued for over a year and fought for them on a regular basis (if I was good enough) would it be subsidised?
Are the people you train with easy to get along with outside of the training grounds (ie. going out etc.)
Final question for now. Is it possible to get a job in the area or even at Lanna to help pay for training/accomidation costs? I am willing to clean, whatever, just to get a bit of handy money to pay for a bit of training.

Fairtex is in Pattaya Beach..dont know if id reccomend training there..ALOT of distractions might try up north at Chiang Mai

EvilElmo said:
Is what MuayThai King true? I have no background in stand up, although when I plan on going I will have about 6months experiance.
What is the food like in the area?
How much would it cost for accomodation outside the compound or is it worth it to live inside the compound?
If I was to stay for a year, would training costs get subsidised? And if I continued for over a year and fought for them on a regular basis (if I was good enough) would it be subsidised?
Are the people you train with easy to get along with outside of the training grounds (ie. going out etc.)
Final question for now. Is it possible to get a job in the area or even at Lanna to help pay for training/accomidation costs? I am willing to clean, whatever, just to get a bit of handy money to pay for a bit of training.

accomodition between 1500-8000 bhat a month (i live for 3700 with fan, tv, DVD, big bed and private bathroom in a great and fresch building)

the training costs will get less if you stay longer after a year i think its 50 % off, I'm not sure but i think some of the ppl train for free.

if you fight you will get about 1000 bhat or somthing so it aint much just do it for the fun of it.

pretty much all of the ppl here are good and nice, we often go to the sportsstadium and hang around the big pool, bungyjuming paintball and going out clubbing we also do sometimes...this is really a god place with good atmosphere.

i hope the answers will be helpfull

Back