training in sac?

elcapitan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
i just moved to folsom, CA. . .are there any good places to train standup in the folsom or sacramento area?

Thanks!!

Well, if you'd like to try boxing come down the Mateens Boxing at the former Sacramento Army depot off of Florin-Perkins and Fruitridge.

there is also prime time boxing on del paso, thats where i train... well i havnt been there for 3 months now since school takes alot of time

You are in business! Marinobles just opened a school in Rancho Cordova. Just go to marinobles.com for more info. James Irvin and many more cage fighters train with Marinobles. They have kickboxing and MMA classes. When you call, can you let me know who the instructor there is. Thx!

cool!!! thanks guys!!! im gonna call these places later this week, and yeah i'll let u know who the intructor is

hey, I train at Kovars Martial Arts in Roseville. The instructor there used to do mma style cagefighting in europe for several years. He is very skilled.

I am a middleweight fighter and am looking for additional practice with anyone in the sac area who trains in mma fighting. I live in lincoln. anyone interested? I am willing to go 100% full contact with anyone in my weight class.

This is the 2nd Sac thread I've found on here, I love it. I havent found too many mma places on my own, thanks for the info guys. I was very surprised to learn that Kovars has an mma teacher. Does he mainly stick to traditional techniques?

Another good place for training...

I started a month ago at a place called close quarters combat (conflict management systems) sacramentocqc.com under keith miller and there is open mat on saturdays so anyone can come in and check things out and learn some new stuff... CQC is technically not MMA but it trains in a bit of everything and + all the things that you cant do in MMA fights but are great for street fighting, like finger breaks (great way to get out of head locks) and eye strikes etc... its in citrus heights right off the greenback exit on 99, i need some MMA guys to roll around with and teach eachother new things, so come check it out...

yea these sac threads are great. im moving there in june. planning on joining cassio's bjj camp/ but am definitely willing to meet up and roll or spar with anyone...

yeah, cassio werneck's BJJ school is probably the best place to go in sacramento and surrounding areas... they have even produced MMA fighters from there, Dustin fought at IFC at arco arena for his debut and won so that was cool.

NoRemorse said:
yeah, cassio werneck's BJJ school is probably the best place to go in sacramento and surrounding areas... they have even produced MMA fighters from there, Dustin fought at IFC at arco arena for his debut and won so that was cool.

Where are they located at?

Back