1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Training in College

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by DanimalJr, Jul 10, 2010.

1. DanimalJr White Belt

In about two months I'll have to leave my BJJ school to go to college in another state. I really love training and I want to keep up with it as much as possible. So my question is how would you go about training in college?

There is no wrestling or grappling club, although I could start one.

There is a really good school that is kind of close (3 miles with no car) that I might be able to hit up sometimes, but I think a club might be a better idea for more consistent training.

Although, BJJ is the main thing I want to train it would also be great if I could do some kind of stand up. However, I am not really sure how I would do this. It would be hard to do it as part of some kind of club because of the limited amount of time (probably 3 sessions max a week).

2. greasemonk3 Amateur Fighter

Why wouldn't you sign up at the gym that is only a few miles away?

3. WitchCraft Blue Belt

I started a BJJ club at my college for just that reason, but I agree with person above, if there's a school only a few miles away, that might be better. I drive about 20 minutes to a school even though we have the club just so I can practice with more serious partners and to actually be training at a real school. Maybe do both like I do!