Training in College

DanimalJr

White Belt
Reaction score
In about two months I'll have to leave my BJJ school to go to college in another state. I really love training and I want to keep up with it as much as possible. So my question is how would you go about training in college?

There is no wrestling or grappling club, although I could start one.

There is a really good school that is kind of close (3 miles with no car) that I might be able to hit up sometimes, but I think a club might be a better idea for more consistent training.

Although, BJJ is the main thing I want to train it would also be great if I could do some kind of stand up. However, I am not really sure how I would do this. It would be hard to do it as part of some kind of club because of the limited amount of time (probably 3 sessions max a week).

Why wouldn't you sign up at the gym that is only a few miles away?

I started a BJJ club at my college for just that reason, but I agree with person above, if there's a school only a few miles away, that might be better. I drive about 20 minutes to a school even though we have the club just so I can practice with more serious partners and to actually be training at a real school. Maybe do both like I do!

Back