training gear help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by funkgsus, Aug 23, 2005.

1. funkgsus

funkgsus Orange Belt

Ok, here's the deal. I currently do TKD and judo which is going great but I also train/spar on the side with friends. I have been saving up for some more gear and I am curious about what are some good brands to buy.
    My list of gear I need to get now:
    1) Thai Pads(2)
    2) Boxing Gloves(2 pairs)
    3) Double Ended Bag
    I have a punch of stuff now but this is want I feel I really need to proceed
    any advice on this would be helpful such as durability, good prices and good sites to shop. Money isn't a real big problem but I would rather get a high quality product not just a well know brand
    Thanks in advance

2. Mestizo

Mestizo Orange Belt

As far as the thai pads and the gloves, i'd go with Windy or Combat Sports probably if you want a particular quality brand (no experience with other brands). My thai pads are just generic ones and they hold up fine. I also don't personally use the boxing style gloves often enough to see much difference but people i train with say Windy and Twins are the best. I put Combat Sports in there because i know they make a good product (only heard good stuff) but i have no experience with them.

3. PhenøM

PhenøM MMA Gear Aficionado