• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Training footage of ex-NBA, 6'8 Royce White

Does this guy have a damn Brock lesnar shrine in his gym lmao?

Dude is athletic and very strong, huge hands! I have worked out with Royce several times at the downtown St Paul lifetime fitness (RIP) years ago...this was after he was kicked out of U of MN and just about to transfer to Iowa State. First round pick by the Houston Rockets however had a lot of off the court issues and NBA did not work out. No idea if he can fight but he is every bit of 6’8 and very dense with huge mits and extremely quick.

Wow. A tall guy who used to play basketball, surely that means he will be an extremely talented MMA practioner...

Hes moving good and its pretty obvious he’s athletic.

He was a high level basketball player but had some wierd fear of flying. Main reason nba dumped him

UFC HW is weak, this guy can walkthrough the division and land in top 5 with 2 years of training lol. Seriously.

Man his story is tragic.
He was a great player in college, but could never have a career in the NBA because he has horrible anxiety and ocd. Dude couldn't even board a plane or be around a group of people.

Looks like he is in a better place now, I sure hope so. Would love to see him prosper and have a great career in mma if that's what he's going for.

He was too scared to get on an airplane, how do you think he'll handle fighting in a cage

He had some crazy accuracy and power

tumblr_pkbuvhQMyl1qd4esao1_400.gifv

Lavar+Johnson+KTFO+Joey+Beltran+UFC+on+Fox+2.gif

my point is, he's never once thrown punches the way he's throwing them when he's hitting pads. while boxers and kickboxers, hit pads almost exactly like how they strike.

obviously the pad work helps with is accuracy, but it didn't help his punching technique.

Wtf? You actually think that his punching technique in the pad gif is good? <Dany07>

You can tell he is all stiff when hitting the pads...seems to put no power at all to the punches..the way he holds his hands up is just awkward and you can see he isnt keeping his hands high enough to his face, his left hand is on his chest lol...just looks like boxercise pad work tbh.

As for speed, I see nothing special, its easy to be fast when you arent putting any power to punches...Also that gif is recorded at like 3 frames per second, that gives the illusion of the punches being faster.

for hitting floaties? sure that is better punching technique than the "hey, watch my uppercut fly all the way from China to hit you in the face" type of punching technique he displays in his actual fights. it seems like a lot of sherdoggers do not understand what "within context" means.

we're talking about within context of being a UFC HW. i'm not comparing him to fucking Floyd Mayweather or whatever ridiculous standard you're holding his padwork to.

Back