Tournaments In California Upcoming

Worlds No-Gi on August 9th, 10th

American Nation Gi and No Gi on September 20th and 21st.

Was there not a website floating around that listed all the tournaments in the area?

icompete.com or org or something lists lots of tournaments. There is also a no-gi BJJ tournament in the bay area on July 12th. Charles Gracie is one of the promoters, it is called the battle of the bay, here is the link Tiger Martial Arts - Overview

icompete.com or org or something lists lots of tournaments.

it's icompete.org

the tournament calendar is completely dry in the socal region for the rest of this month and july. but august and september will be hot.

On July 26th a No-GI tournament will be held in (Easton) CA right outside of Fresno. I
believe it is only 25$ to compete, pretty fair priced. I'll get the link here shortly

750coop, please get me the info for the tourney near fresno, i live in visalia so I am only 40min away. Where do you train up there??

thanks man

Try this website; they have a good amount of listings of tournaments on their site. There tournaments links to the registration part for each tournament. They do not have many listings outside the US but in there newsletter they said they are working on it. It

elcliffo, the event is now listed on icompete.org it is ( Matdaddy.com classic)....the link is
iCompete - Your Complete Listing Of Martial Art, MMA, And Grappling Tournaments, Seminars And Events

That would be great if some folks from Visalia would come represent. The central valley is in need of some events:D....I am tuning up my folkstyle backround(takedowns/cardio) then I will be in the market for a sub-grappling gym. My boys are pretty well trained at royce gracie jiu-jitsu of Fresno. So maybe that will be my gym of choice. Where do you fight out of??? I hear there is good MMA events over in Visalia. Any questions hit me up or email [email protected].....

elcliffo, the event is now listed on icompete.org it is ( Matdaddy.com classic)....the link is
http://www.icompete.org/event/view/696

That would be great if some folks from Visalia would come represent. The central valley is in need of some events:D....I am tuning up my folkstyle backround(takedowns/cardio) then I will be in the market for a sub-grappling gym. My boys are pretty well trained at royce gracie jiu-jitsu of Fresno. So maybe that will be my gym of choice. Where do you fight out of??? I hear there is good MMA events over in Visalia. Any questions hit me up or email [email protected].....

Chris Lusciandro is having a tournament in Sherman Oaks in about a month or so as well.

thanks for posting it, I will try to make it to the tournament if all possible. I am 26, is there going to be many others there my age or is it mostly younger guys? What classifies you as a "novice" and are "submission grappling" events the same rules as a BJJ competition?

I train with a group here in Visalia that works under Marcelo Cavalacanti who is part of the Tinguinha association (we don't have an official school, just use a room at a local gym). Most every group in Visalia is associated with Tinguinha (Central Valley Martial Arts, Luis Gonzales, Samurai Dojo). The highest ranked person at my school is a few striped Blue Belt, so we are all just beginners.

2008 Grapplers Quest West Coast
Grappling Championships
Featuring $10,000 in Prize Packages
Saturday, September 6th, 2008

THE PYRAMID
1250 N Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90840-0004

ill be competing

I believe they will use the rules adapted by FILA for sub-grappling. As for comp, I don't know the age majority. If you got a group of guys who roll this is a great way to get some mat time. Novice is 2yrs or less. They realize most people can't train 5 times a week. This tourney is really good for beginners to get out there and have fun for a cheap price. I would encourage you to come if you can.

no limits mma, in irvine, will be holding a no-gi event next saturday 06/21. more info soon. or just google no limits mma, get the phone number, and call them.

Back