Tournament results

Brian2

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My son did awesome in his first tournament! He took first place in both of his divisions and won 5 of 6 matches. At first he was alittle nervous but he got over it as soon as he started. I have some videos of him in both gi and nogi. Our team as a whole did really good, they took several 1st and 2nd places.

100_0901.jpg

I decided to start a new thread for his results just because, the other thread went in a wierd direction.

Your son seems to like the take down aspect more than the ground game. He gets out of a position and stands back up like "lets go". :)

Great stuff. I hope when I have kids they will be into it.

Your son seems to like the take down aspect more than the ground game. He gets out of a position and stands back up like "lets go". :)

Great stuff. I hope when I have kids they will be into it.

Yea I was alittle upset because, he kept standing up and the only thing he was going for is key locks. He was giving up a lot of other things because he just wanted to do key locks.

We still have a long way to go with him but, I am very happy that he won both of his divisions. I am having him watch the videos and show me the mistakes and then working on not doing it anymore. He doesn't unsually hunt for 1 thing over and over so I'm not sure why he was doing that.

Awesome.
Keep it positive. Be the Dad not the coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back