toughest competition in UFC history?

RDA was my first thought as well. Fought every top contender at both 155 and 170 pretty much. Multiple champions over both weightclasses too.

Even now at well past his best he still wants to fight all the top guys, and while he doesn't win them all he still competes really well against top of the food chain fighters.

Chael Sonnen fought a list of killers and even 3 GOAT candidates, although some were out their primes

Lyoto Machida, Fedor, Rampage, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Shogun, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping are some impressive names, but he lost to most and they were old

Dan Henderson also deserves a mention imo

W-L records of opponents is probably the most subjective measure.
Somewhere there was a list of the then won-loss records of opponents fought in championship bouts and GSP's was at the top by a comfortable margin. Hughes, Penn, Shields, Fitch, Hendricks all had championship-caliber W-L records and some had very long win streaks when Georges fought them.
I'm sure JBJ has something similar and he is the GOAT anyway.

Jon Jones had a pretty sick run where he ran through all the all time greats at LHW. Like Mashida, Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Bader, Gustafsson, Glover and DC.

I'd say he has the best strength of schedule of all time.
out of any champ, I would agree that Jones had the hardest schedule and made it look easy most of the time

Vitor Belfort for sure

Chuck
Tito
Spider
Weidman
Jones
Randy couture
Rockhold
Bisping

Those are some of the names of people he fought in UFC
This. And he fought some of these multiple times

Still, plenty of good names to this list