1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Topboxer headgear?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Woldog, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Hesham Rais

Hesham Rais White Belt

there are but they are for the CUSTOM made ones....since i can't afford the $150 customs just wanted a review on the Win1 stock specs....seem they are the real deal

2. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

csquare has s review of the 14oz up on his channel

3. j-boxing

j-boxing Human, all too human

You should just go ahead and buy the stock 16oz Win1. TB makes great gloves. You won't regret it.

4. Hesham Rais

Hesham Rais White Belt

I'm 6" 195lbs I think I'll go 18oz...what ya say?

5. j-boxing

I dunno; it's up to you.

Do you intend to use them for bagwork or sparring?

If bagwork, I would get them in the same oz weight as the gloves you will use in fights because I think it's beneficial to train with fight weight gloves as much as possible.

If sparring, I would get 16oz because I dislike really heavy gloves and I therefore want to use the minimum glove weight conventionally permissible for sparring in my boxing community.

Hesham Rais likes this.
  6. Hesham Rais

Hesham Rais White Belt

nah i want them for sparring....i'm not competitive but getting into the sweet science as a martial art

7. Brian The Overlord

Brian The Overlord The motivator

If you are experienced enough in boxing, go with 18oz. If not, then 16oz because 18oz could be heavier than you think.

8. Hesham Rais

Hesham Rais White Belt

Would 2oz really weigh ones hand down dat much?

9. nolandvd

nolandvd White Belt

I know they're called Win1 because they basically ape the Winning design, but how much do they feel like Winning?

10. j-boxing

The padding on my 12oz Winning-style TBs doesn't feel much like the padding on my 12oz Winnings. It's not as soft. But they're still great gloves. Apparently 16oz TBs are softer for sparring, but I don't know for sure because I don't own a 16oz pair.

11. Nonducor

Nonducor White Belt

The 16 oz Winning-style TB (lace-up) are definitely much softer compared to the 12 oz TB (velcro) I can't speak to how they compare to Winnings as I've never owned a pair.

j-boxing likes this.
  12. Brian The Overlord

Brian The Overlord The motivator

18oz is half 1kg. You might have seen pro boxers holding dumbbell and punching. They are 0.5kg or 1kg.

18oz could feel like that.

If you have 1.1lb dumbbells, try to punch holding them in your hands. Feeling okay and arms feeling good, then you can go with 18oz

j-boxing likes this.
  13. KidMoe

KidMoe Kid Moe

I have both gloves, TB's Win1 Padding is definitely not as soft as Winning's. The feedback on Winning's are better too but that's why Winning is in the status (and price range) that they are in. I would be lying like E*pert Bo*ing with his initial Sabas SS review if I told you the Win1 feels remotely like a Winning Glove.

However, if you don't compare TB's Win1 to Winnings, they are a league of their own. Good protection, decent feedback, definitely an all around great glove. The only thing I don't like about my TB Gloves is their thumb design. It's positioning is very uncomfortable to me and that's why I can't stand using my TB Glove for long sessions. I heard that Mr. Irfan recently made some changes to their thumb design, so going to give their stock gloves another try in the near future.

Hesham Rais and j-boxing like this.
  14. TeeVeee com

TeeVeee com White Belt

I just got TB Win1 gloves in 16oz. The stock Maroon color.
    They are actually 18oz on the scale. But they work great and really do look and feel like a luxury custom product and the leather smells delicious.
    I can slam the bag hard, and even with knuckle injuries I’m nursing on both hands, I can hit hard and be ok as long as I wrapped right.

Now this threat is supposed to be about TB headgear. I just ordered the gladiator model today. I can update when it arrives.

KidMoe and j-boxing like this.
  15. j-boxing

Yep, I agree with that, the Win1 padding is not as soft as Winning; but as you go on to say, it doesn't really matter because TB gloves are sweet anyway.

KidMoe likes this.
  16. kondoras

kondoras White Belt

Here is a review for the Gladiator headgear

j-boxing likes this.