TOP UFC fighters with wasted potential who LACK PROPER TRAINING...ie management ?

Shogun and BJ. :(

I hate these threads because they assume fighters could've done better then they did. The fact is we will never know and we can't sit here and praise a fighter for this imaginary "potential" factor. Penn and Shogun had their chances to do what they should've in every fight. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. You can't just accept their wins and excuse the loses. Guys like Dan Henderson have had his highs and lows but you don't hear BS from him about his "potential"

Phil Davis has no place on that list. I don't see how you can justify that at all....

Joe Riggs? Karo Parysian? These are guys who are way off the scene now, but at one point were highly regarded title contenders. According to trainers, teammates & various witnesses, they both had championship potential. Many accounts say that Riggs always looked like the best thing ever in the gym, but never seemed able to perform on the biggest stage in his biggest fights. Karo, I heard, just hated to train. They say that he would often just show up to perform. I know these names don't mesh with the names being mentioned thus far in the thread, but they still fit the topic.

I agree that Karo was an amazing fighter back in the day, but his problems weren't management-related. He always put together good camps and came in pretty well-prepared. Karo had too many problems with Karo to succeed, in my opinion.

I always thought Mayhem could have had a better career if he'd found a long term home at a really good camp. He's got decent skills all around and a pretty good ground game. Just always seemed like he didn't have the right training or focus.

You can't just accept their wins and excuse the loses.

Nobody is excusing their losses. They got losses on their records when they deserved to lose. But if they'd taken their fights more seriously, and shown the same dedication that other fighters have, they could have been better. That's not excusing their losses, that's indicting them for a lack of commitment and preparation.

Gegard Mousasi. He's admitted that he hasn't had a real Coach, hadn't taken is training seriously, hasn't trained like a professional... until recently.

diaz brothers and jake shields could have all been champions.

I like how because Pat Barry will take 30 seconds to upload the occasional goofy ass thing he comes up with on the fly it means he's not taking his training seriously, or his heart's not in it. The guy fucking balls his eyes out every time he wins. Nobody has more passion for what he does than Pat Barry. He wants success more than anyone, and it hasn't completely worked out, but he's still trying his ass off. Oh, not to mention he's honest and humble as hell. But yeah, I suppose he deserves to get shit on by people who are mad that he's actually in the UFC, having mixed success.

War Barry. Fuck the haters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back