Top Rank/Sky Sports sign a 4 year deal

Interesting, maybe we'll actually get some good fights on Sky Sports now.

They'll be the little brother of DAZN as Hearn will present the events most appealing to the public.
Not sure what this means for AJ vs. Fury though.

They'll be the little brother of DAZN as Hearn will present the events most appealing to the public.

I don’t know about that, UK fans are hardcore and smart. Sky Sports is now going to actually have world level boxing on a level UK fans haven’t seen.

Let’s just be honest, Matchroom’s roster, outside of Joshua (who will remain on Sky) and a select few others is 95 percent domestic UK level. Hearn has done a masterful job in the UK with what he has had to work with, I will give him that.

This is a massive move for Top Rank. More exposure.

Ontop of that, Sky Sports is a well oiled machine. I’m sure any additional shoulder programming they put out on top of what’s already provided by Top Rank will be a full level above DAZN.

UK fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see how DAZN’s production quality is in comparison to Sky. Although DAZN’s production has improved, it still has miles to go before it gets to the level of Sky or Top Rank/ESPN. It will get there one day no doubt, yet it’s going to take a few years.

Sky Sports has the bigger league now, the problem is that it will air early in the morning for UK fans...yet still amazing exposure for Top Rank.

Last edited:

As someone who lives in England i'd rather have Top Rank on Sky Sports than Hearn's guys at this point. We've been getting Joshua, Whyte, Katie Taylor and a few others on repeat for years now and it's become incredibly boring.

Maybe Sky Sports can actually gain some credibility with this move, god knows they need it.

I read that this doesn’t include boxers co-promoted by Warren, they stay on BT. i.e. Fury Wilder III.

Poor Josh Taylor became the first undisputed UK champion since Lennox Lewis without being on TV anywhere in the UK and then like 2 weeks later Top Rank sign with Sky. Must sting a bit.

Poor Josh Taylor became the first undisputed UK champion since Lennox Lewis without being on TV anywhere in the UK and then like 2 weeks later Top Rank sign with Sky. Must sting a bit.

Couldn't agree more.

Though, if TR's plan is to make Taylor vs Crawford then signing with Sky Sports now is the perfect setup.

Just turned my tv on for literally 5 minutes and saw Shakur, Naoya and Loma's upcoming fights advertised.

Already better than it was before.

Back