Top Rank has nobody left for Terence Crawford at 147

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Terence Crawford is in a sticky situation here didn't he sign a long term contract with Top Rank? All the top welters are on PBC and all of the belt holders as well. Crawford will not be able to unify the titles or get credible wins at 147 unless he convinces Arum to either make the fights and cross promote or demands out of his contract.

This is going to be very interesting in the next two years.

My money is on Luis Collazo being one of his next opponents.

My money is on Luis Collazo being one of his next opponents.
I was thinking the same thing but isnt Luis under Haymon?

Im thinking that Egis guy who has no fanbase here, or Kell Brook being another option.

Brook is not going to make 147 easy and he will tire after 5 rounds just like with Spence.

Collazo will get the fight (especially if he beats Benavidez this summer), as will Egis (even after looking awful versus Robinson). Crawford will also probably maul somebody with a "0", who has fought nobody, probably from some random country.

Aah wonderful, yet another young, promising fighter, pissing away his prime

Can't wait for when we finally get the Spence fight in 2025

Terence Crawford is in a sticky situation here didn't he sign a long term contract with Top Rank? All the top welters are on PBC and all of the belt holders as well. Crawford will not be able to unify the titles or get credible wins at 147 unless he convinces Arum to either make the fights and cross promote or demands out of his contract.

This is going to be very interesting in the next two years.
Guaranteed $3 mill a fight against nobodies is a pretty good deal.

I guess TC is a one of those guys that just cares about money and not so much cementing a legacy

Brook is a much better fighter than Collazo
Meh. I don't really think he is, especially at this point. I don't really get why people were ever so high on Brook, really.

Brook is a much better fighter than Collazo
You really think so?

Neither one has nothing to offer TC, at least against Collazo I can already hear how theyre going hype him up by saying “he’s a dangerous crafty veteran who can pull off an upset”

Meh. I don't really think he is, especially at this point. I don't really get why people were ever so high on Brook, really.
Ive always said this

And I have to rewatch Brook vs Porter, everyone here says it wasnt close but I clearly remember it being very competitive, outside of that Porter win Brooks other achievement was landing an uppercut against GGG

You really think so?

Neither one has nothing to offer TC, at least against Collazo I can already hear how theyre going hype him up by saying “he’s a dangerous crafty veteran who can pull off an upset”
He looked awful last time out too.

Ive always said this

And I have to rewatch Brook vs Porter, everyone here says it wasnt close but I clearly remember it being very competitive, outside of that Porter win Brooks other achievement was landing an uppercut against GGG
It was really quite close but Brook was landing all the flashy rangy shots. There are judges that would have given that to Porter though.

They're going to have to coerce some of Haymon's WWs to come over, or they can do the right thing and send Crawford over to fight on FOX or Showtime.

Bob's going to have to play fair and play nice. He can't just bring PBC goes over to fight Crawford unless he grossly overpays for them. Also, why would Al allow this? He's better off just sending Crawford over where the action is.

It's a bad situation to be in, because if Crawford doesn't fight any of: Porter, Garcia or Spence next, he's going to get heavily criticized.

They don’t have anybody

The winner of collazo vs Benavidez looks like the opponent

That’s why Arum keeps talking crap about PBC.

Ive always said this

He’s solid and brings a little more speed and durability eventhough that isn’t too certain right now. Still prime for prime I’d say it’s 50/50 betwee Brooks and the underrated Collazo.

Back