Top King Air Velcro Gloves Review w/ Photos.

I just got mine today also :D

1113091311.jpg

1113091311a.jpg

I can't wait to test them out today

hi edward, great review. always very constructive and detailed. thanks, john

hi edward, great review. always very constructive and detailed. thanks, john

Hey John,

The Top King gloves and Top King shorts, that I purchased from FightStuff are great. Thanks again for the outstanding customer service. I really appreciate it. I will definately shop with FightStuff again.

:icon_chee

it's my pleasure. should you need anything in the future just drop me a mail.

Which glove do people prefer and why, the air gloves or the professional gloves with out the mesh?

Which glove do people prefer and why, the air gloves or the professional gloves with out the mesh?

I ordered the Ultimate gloves (the same as the Air but no mesh) and sort of wished I'd ordered the Top King Airs. I don't know how they stack up longevity-wise, but my hands feel like they got a bath.

sorry to revive an old thread. How do you like the gloves now that you've probably been using them since you got them? How big is the hand compartment (i don't have big hands)? I'm trying to find out more info on the Top Kings before i place an order for them.

sorry to revive an old thread. How do you like the gloves now that you've probably been using them since you got them? How big is the hand compartment (i don't have big hands)? I'm trying to find out more info on the Top Kings before i place an order for them.

The Top King Air Velcro Gloves are excellent gloves, and I would rate them very high. I received your PM, and will try to send you some detailed answers.

Ohhh my gawd. Those gloves are sooo sexy. Thanks for the review.

hey ECS,

How is the hand compartment compared to the Fairtex BGV1's. Ive got a pair of the 12oz Fairtex BGV1s and i love them. They're perfectly snug for my small hands.

My dilemma is that i want something in a 14oz but i dont want to sacrifice having a comfortable hand compartment.

Ive narrowed it down to either TopKings or Boons

Any thoughts?

hey ECS,

How is the hand compartment compared to the Fairtex BGV1's. Ive got a pair of the 12oz Fairtex BGV1s and i love them. They're perfectly snug for my small hands.

My dilemma is that i want something in a 14oz but i dont want to sacrifice having a comfortable hand compartment.

Ive narrowed it down to either TopKings or Boons

Any thoughts?

Personally, I think the hand compartments between the Fairtex BGV1's, and the Top King Air Velcros, are very similar in size and internal shape. IMHO, from my perception they are both snug with a little bit of room laterally, that is generally taken up when you wrap your hands. I certainly don't think you would be disappointed with the 14oz. Top King Air Velcro's. More than a few people on here went with the 14's, and I have not heard anything negative about the hand compartments.

If you do decide to go with the Boons, just be aware that they are nice gloves, but distinctly different from the TKAV's. The Top Kings feel much lighter, and if you have a distinct difference in size from your wrists to you forearms, ie. forearms getting larger, you might not like, or may have trouble adjusting to the longer cuff on the Boons, than the Top Kings. They are both nice gloves, just really different.

Personally, I think the hand compartments between the Fairtex BGV1's, and the Top King Air Velcros, are very similar in size and internal shape. IMHO, from my perception they are both snug with a little bit of room laterally, that is generally taken up when you wrap your hands. I certainly don't think you would be disappointed with the 14oz. Top King Air Velcro's. More than a few people on here went with the 14's, and I have not heard anything negative about the hand compartments.

If you do decide to go with the Boons, just be aware that they are nice gloves, but distinctly different from the TKAV's. The Top Kings feel much lighter, and if you have a distinct difference in size from your wrists to you forearms, ie. forearms getting larger, you might not like, or may have trouble adjusting to the longer cuff on the Boons, than the Top Kings. They are both nice gloves, just really different.

Thanks man! I think you've helped me make my decision.

I'm getting a pair of the Top King Empower Creativity gloves as well as some focus mitts. I'll have some reviews for these up soon.

So how "light" exactly are the 16 oz. gloves? I want to get these gloves, but I don't want to get 16 oz. if it's going to do the same thing with the gloves I have. (arm fatigue, shoulder pain, etc.)

So how "light" exactly are the 16 oz. gloves? I want to get these gloves, but I don't want to get 16 oz. if it's going to do the same thing with the gloves I have. (arm fatigue, shoulder pain, etc.)

Hey,

Thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a quality weight scale, or I could give you an exact individual glove weight. However, from my personal perspective, the TKAV 16oz. gloves are the second lightest feeling pair of 16oz. gloves, that I have personally seen. The Winning MS-600 16oz. gloves being the lightest feeling, IMHO.

As far as 16oz. gloves goes, the TKAV's are about as light "feeling" as you will probably find in a 16oz. glove. Are you sure that you need a "16oz." glove. What gloves are you currently using that are causing arm fatigue and shoulder pain, and if you don't mind me asking, "what is your age, height, and weight?"

Hey,

Thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a quality weight scale, or I could give you an exact individual glove weight. However, from my personal perspective, the TKAV 16oz. gloves are the second lightest feeling pair of 16oz. gloves, that I have personally seen. The Winning MS-600 16oz. gloves being the lightest feeling, IMHO.

As far as 16oz. gloves goes, the TKAV's are about as light "feeling" as you will probably find in a 16oz. glove. Are you sure that you need a "16oz." glove. What gloves are you currently using that are causing arm fatigue and shoulder pain, and if you don't mind me asking, "what is your age, height, and weight?"

Well it's these rental gloves at my gym, I think they're everlast. The people at my gym said to get 16 oz. gloves for the bags since I just started boxing but I've read everywhere though that for bags you should get 12 oz. gloves. I'm 16, I think 5"9' and 145 lbs.

Well it's these rental gloves at my gym, I think they're everlast. The people at my gym said to get 16 oz. gloves for the bags since I just started boxing but I've read everywhere though that for bags you should get 12 oz. gloves. I'm 16, I think 5"9' and 145 lbs.

Yeah, personally if it were me, unless your coach or head trainer has told you to get a specific type of gloves, and you are boxing, you may want to consider a good pair of super bag gloves like the Ringside IMF Tech Bag gloves for bag work. If you think you will be sparring soon, and can absolutely only afford one pair of gloves. The Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves in 14oz. or 16oz. will be bomb proof gloves, that can be used for a long time to come. Title and Ringside both have lots of options. If you are going to be doing Muay Thai exclusively, other options are available.

Ps. The arm fatigue and shoulder pain will subside with training. Work hard, but, just not to the point of injury, doing too much too soon.

Yeah, personally if it were me, unless your coach or head trainer has told you to get a specific type of gloves, and you are boxing, you may want to consider a good pair of super bag gloves like the Ringside IMF Tech Bag gloves for bag work. If you think you will be sparring soon, and can absolutely only afford one pair of gloves. The Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves in 14oz. or 16oz. will be bomb proof gloves, that can be used for a long time to come. Title and Ringside both have lots of options. If you are going to be doing Muay Thai exclusively, other options are available.

Ps. The arm fatigue and shoulder pain will subside with training. Work hard, but, just not to the point of injury, doing too much too soon.

Hey, thanks for showing me those gloves! I really like the velcro ones. Anyways, I'm sticking with just boxing for now so I guess those would be better than the king ones. But they are so sexy! Oh well, I'll get them eventually.

Hey, thanks for showing me those gloves! I really like the velcro ones. Anyways, I'm sticking with just boxing for now so I guess those would be better than the king ones. But they are so sexy! Oh well, I'll get them eventually.

No problem. Happy that I could help.

Back