Top Five Mma Bjj

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who would you say are the top five guys who are bjj bb in mma.

in my un-educated opinion:

1) Palhares
2) Maia
3) Jacare
4) Werdum
5) Chris Lytle...*wink

my top 3..

1.Roger Gracie
2.Demian Maia
3.Fabricio Werdum

GSP, Anderson Silva, Shogun = BJJ BB

Frankie Edgar, Brocl Lesnar = BJJ Purple.

It amuses me how Roger Gracie is getting overlooked as the top BJJ BB in MMA right now.. lmao.

It amuses me how Roger Gracie is getting overlooked as the top BJJ BB in MMA right now.. lmao.

TS question was:

"Who would you say are the top five guys who are bjj bb in mma".

You are thinking who is top BJJ BB in MMA.

I am thinking who is in the top of MMA and happens to be a BJJ BB as well.

Roger, Maia, Jacare, BJ and ofcourse, shaolin.

in major orgs

roger gracie gomes
demian maia
rousimar palhares
fabricio werdum
big nog

no particular order

ive been really impressed with a lot of guys bjj, but as far as big names thats some of the first names that pop into my head, some are guard guys, some are not.

TS question was:

"Who would you say are the top five guys who are bjj bb in mma".

You are thinking who is top BJJ BB in MMA.

I am thinking who is in the top of MMA and happens to be a BJJ BB as well.

i guess peoples answers will differ depending on how the question is interpreted..

besides Roger's MMA record is still premature, im sure hell be up there as soon as he gets more fights out of the way.

i was thinking how i would word it but i guess look at it like this if u were in the ring and u were fighting who would be the five guys under no circumstances u would want to get u on the ground because of their bjj.

I am taking this thread to refer to which BJJ BB's are the top MMA practitioners. That is, who is the best in MMA.

Gracie hasn't done shit with his.

Jacare has impressed more with his striking.

Maia is really smooth with his.

Palhares is down-right scary.

It's like when someone says that GSP has the best MMA-adapted wrestling...not that he is a better wrestler than say, Hendricks.

bj demian aoki and palhares. and werdum i guess

I would say

Maia
Palhares
Aoki
Werdum
Souza

The reasons i don't put Roger, its because he is still untested, there is a big difference between winning BJJ tournaments and BJJ in MMA where everyone is slippery, there are stand-ups and striking.

Submitting a way over the hill Randleman in 2 rounds is no big accomplishment, Fedor did that after being suplexed head on the first round.

Penn is not there mainly because of the smothering that GSP did against him.

Not necessarily top 5 but donald cerrone has good mma jiu jitsu.

is this just MMA in the US? Because there are other organizatons out there (just if you havent heard)... where is Shaolin, Galvao and Bibiano?!? All huge names in Jiu Jitsu much bigger then Palhares or Penn (or even Maia for that matter). Even BJJ for MMA I would put Shaolin on top of most

Back