Top 5 most decorated jiu-jitsu players

man im tuff

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Xande Ribeiro - 18 gold titles
(IBJJF 6 - ADCC 2 - nogi worlds 2 - pan ams 6 - world cup 1 - no gi world cup 1)

Rodolfo Vieira - 15 gold titles
(IBJJF 4 - world cup 6 - nogi world cup 1 - pan ams 2 - eropean 2)

Bruno Malfacine - 14 gold titles
(IBJJF - 5 - pan ams 4 - euro 1 - nationals 4)

Ruben Charles Maciel - 14 gold titles
(IBJJF 4 - ADCC 1 - nogi worlds 4 - pan ams - 4 pan ams no gi 1)

Marcelo Garcia - 13 gold titles
(IBJJF 5 - ADCC - 4 - pan ams 1 - nationals 3)

EDIT:
Roger Gracie - 13 gold titles
(IBJJF 10 - ADCC - 2 - pan ams 1)

Ok so theres six names but Bruno and Ruben are tied. Another thread spawned my interest in these stats so I did a little research.

Might be common knowledge to some/most of you but thought I would share for those who don't know.

Last edited:
What's the world cup? Really, there are only a few tournaments that matter for all-time status, Mundials, ADCC, maybe Pans to a lesser extent.

Also, your list doesn't include Roger Gracie and is therefore invalid.

What's the world cup? Really, there are only a few tournaments that matter for all-time status, Mundials, ADCC, maybe Pans to a lesser extent.

Also, your list doesn't include Roger Gracie and is therefore invalid.

Roger was up there in the mix, his 10 IBJJF titles are probably the most impressive. I will add him.

Rodolfo has 6 Adcc titles? what?

My mistake, world cup held in abu dhabi. corrected.

BJJ heroes has already made this list.
I hadn't seen this. thanks.

Last edited:
Roger was up their in the mix, his 10 IBJJF titles are probably the most impressive. I will add him.

I don't think Roger participated on many Pan Ams as a blackbelt, and - don't think any Abu Dhabi Pros. Plus how would you catagorize ADCC superfights? If you win the absolute you are in the superfight the next edition and maybe beyond.

Including silver and bronze medals is actually a good thing here. Limiting this to gold only does a disservice to the competitors - especially when they often have razor close matches.

If you open it up to silver and bronze, does anyone receive a significant bump or free-fall?

For this list I would only count Mundials, Pans, Europeans, Brasilieros, ADCC, No-Gi Worlds and Abu Dhabi Pro Cup.

Is this only black belt titles?. After Keenan's performance at ADCC, i wouldn't be surprised to see him as one of the top black belts in a few years.

da five greatest grapplers of all time, think about it: kron, kron, kron and kron (and marcelo)

^ That skit came out about 10 years ago. Why does everything need to remind me that I am old. Fuck.

For this list I would only count Mundials, Pans, Europeans, Brasilieros, ADCC, No-Gi Worlds and Abu Dhabi Pro Cup.

I agree with this. Also, Saulo should be on this list no doubt.

we're old and going to die

5st7Qs0.png

I believe Cobrinha also won gold in the 2013 Euro Open

Crazy to see Rodolfo so high after just a few years at black belt. With the exception of a few, almost all of the guys on that list are still competing.

Back