Top 5 MMA grapplers ever

Khabib grappling >> GSP.

George isn't nearly as good as khabib on the ground. And most of his takedown are well timed double leg. He doesn't have the variety of takedowns and chain wrestling like khabib.
I disagree. Gsp has a much higher amount of TD landed and much higher accuracy against much better wrestlers.

Jake shield made gsp look bad on the feet and George couldn't even submit Dan hardy.

Khabib pressure and grappling would be too much got any version of GSP.
Khabib is a much worse grappler than gsp.

he is barely top 15 best grapplers in MMA.

In this we will look at both the wrestling and grappling of these fighters.

1) Gsp: a man with a karate background would go on to have the greatest takedowns ever seen in combat sports. He used his explosiveness and timing to put anyone on the mat. He out wrestled the best wrestlers of his time so I think he is an obvious choice. He is also arguably the best submission artist and top player OAT.
2) DC: Olympic wrestler, great gnp and control and his takedowns are phenomenal. He, at his peak, was quick powerful and efficient. His strength allowed him to submit and tko many men on the ground.
3) Maia: goat bjj guy
4) cejudo: gold medal, what else can you say?
5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

Agree? Disagree? What is your list?

It just irritates me how Jose Canseco gets overlooked.

Rank grappling is like picking the best painting. Khabib, GSP, Maia, Harris, Werdum, and the ones you list work for me. They are in the same bracket. They all did certain things better than the other.

Rank grappling is like picking the best painting. Khabib, GSP, Maia, Harris, Werdum, and the ones you list work for me. They are in the same bracket. They all did certain things better than the other.
Gsp did everything the best at his peak imo

1. CM Punk
giphy.gif

2. The rest.

Should Khabib be on that list? He hasn't faced elite wrestlers or bjj practitioners.

In this we will look at both the wrestling and grappling of these fighters.

1) Gsp: a man with a karate background would go on to have the greatest takedowns ever seen in combat sports. He used his explosiveness and timing to put anyone on the mat. He out wrestled the best wrestlers of his time so I think he is an obvious choice. He is also arguably the best submission artist and top player OAT.
2) DC: Olympic wrestler, great gnp and control and his takedowns are phenomenal. He, at his peak, was quick powerful and efficient. His strength allowed him to submit and tko many men on the ground.
3) Maia: goat bjj guy
4) cejudo: gold medal, what else can you say?
5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

Agree? Disagree? What is your list?
man you are trying too hard..... way too hard NOT to insert Khabib's name. He will haunt you for the rest of your life. His image you will see the last before your close your lids. Lol..... :p

Last edited:
Don't think I can put them in any order
GSP - Obvious
Jon Jones - Obvious
DC - Threw heavyweights around in Strikeforce while being 5'10"
BJ Penn - Dominant at LW for a long time and was arguably small for LW. Destroyed guys like Florian on the ground
Khabib - Grind anyone of any level out

Don't think I can put them in any order
GSP - Obvious
Jon Jones - Obvious
DC - Threw heavyweights around in Strikeforce while being 5'10"
BJ Penn - Dominant at LW for a long time and was arguably small for LW. Destroyed guys like Florian on the ground
Khabib - Grind anyone of any level out
Lmao @ Khabib

God wish UFC didnt protect Khabib or Khabib had guts to move up to his original weight class.

GSP would have made Khabib look so bad.
155 was his original. It's what he debuted at and where the vast majority of his career was spent.

And who was he protected from?

Lmao @ Khabib
Only guy to sub Conor in the UFC at his actual weight class, 1 of 2 to ever sub Poirier, undefeated record essentially based entirely on his sambo, guys like DC constantly complimenting his grappling strength. Think it's fine to include him. Who else has effectively held Conor down?

Olivera, Kevin lee, Gregor, tony
Tony who got destroyed by 2/3 of the only good grapplers hes fought.

Kevin "I cant even out grapple Al Iaquinta" Lee

A fringe top 10 wrestler who barely got through CDF

And Olivera who only had 1 ranked win at 155 by the time Khabib had retired.

God I hate this website

Back