1. Soccer Kicks
2. Knees to the head of a downed opponent
3. 2 rounds 1st round 10 minutes 2nd round 5 min

Now you....

upkicks to a downed opponent
remove 3 point stance rule
ban jon jones' eye pokes

1. Eliminate the downward elbow rule;
2. Allow knees to the head of a downed opponent.

Those are really the only rules I want changed. The other things I want to see are improved, comprehensive training for officials/judges.

just as the thread title says.

1. Soccer Kicks
2. Knees to the head of a downed opponent
3. 2 rounds 1st round 10 minutes 2nd round 5 min

Now you....
This exactly^^^^^ and what the guy below you said, plus I would have ex-mma fighters as judges not people who know absolutely nothing about the sport!

Soccer kicks and knees to downed opponent is one thing guys, not 2 separate things.

Score a fight based on busyness and doing work from whatever position. Similar to the recent tuf fight where Zapata won a round off his back mostly because he hit the other guy with any and every limb he had available.

Like the way Condit is a busier bottom grappler than GSP or Fedor's top grappling.

TDD should have as much if not more than a TD.

Its a lot harder for a mediocre wrestler to stuff a great wrestlers TD attempts than it is a great wrestler taking down the mediocre wrestler. Similar to Gus and Jones. Gus got more points for his 1 TD landed than he did stuffing 11 TD from Jones.

soccer kicks.

get rid of that '3 points of contact=downed opponent' crap

lower tolerance of fighters being on the ground without action (10 seconds without a transition or strikes thrown); excessive restarts result in point deductions or the fighter who commits the penalty is moved into a worse position (those laying in someone's guard get put into bottom position)

You MUST fight naked (This how it was done in ancient times and Martial arts are all about tradition and lineage)
Switch over to boxing gloves (This will eliminate all of those pesky eye pokes)
Weapons are allowed.(Not all weapons, obviously no guns or bazookas, but Katanas and Nun-chucks, are okay)

This is just my opinion

1. No placing excessive emphasis on controlling the last few seconds of a round (I'm glaring at you, whoever the judges were for the Kampmann-Sanchez fight)

2. No placing too much emphasis on top control when not enough action is initiated from the top guy

3. Changing the rules about strikes to a downed opponent as well, as most others have mentioned

Just say Pride Rules

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

But; If I had to choose just 3

1. 10 min first round, 5 min second for regular bouts

2. Kicks and knees to downed opponents

3. Yellow card system for stalling fighters.
-10% of their purse goes to the opponent and -1 point from the round for a second warning.

Note: the 12-6 elbow rule really bugs me too but id rather have the above 3 before that... i think...

After a submission, the winning fighter gets the chance to land one final blow while the submitting loser has to stand side on with his hands by his side

Back